Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treason | Netflix

• 07-12-2022 7:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭

When the past catches up with the newly appointed head of MI6, in the form of a Russian spy with whom he shares a complicated past, he is forced to question everything and everyone in his life. Secrets, lies and diplomatic relationships will all come to light.

A limited series, which arrives on Dec 26. Double agent and family pressures ahoy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I guess Ciaran Hinds and Charlie Cox made friends on Kin 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Anyone watch treason on Netflix ?

i thought it started well and then just went a bit shi*but it’s easy watching

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Lead actor not suited to the part,big gaps in the storyline/shortcuts,if done properly it should have an episode longer, around the end of episode 2 considered stopping watching, not the worst but overall a bit meh,it wouldn't have been difficult to do it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Totally agree with that summary

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Watched the first two episodes tonight. Tis some ball of shite.

Every two minutes I'm asking myself "where's the security detail that's supposed to be watching him"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

I lasted about 15-20 minutes of the first episode. Maybe I just wasn’t in the mood, but I just couldn’t buy the main guy as head (or even deputy head) of M1 6.

I checked out a few minutes into the 2nd episode.

Kid slips a professional level protection detail, by going out the back door. Kid is immediately kidnapped

Head of MI5 can wander around and call people, alone, with no one knowing.

Wife is, like totally, shocked that her old CIA buddy just happens to reappear. Nothing to do with her husband becomming head of MI5 at all

Wife takes CIA spy device to, literally, spy on her head of MI5 husband.

Wife, actually, spies on her husband.

CIA spy device, which is good for normal conversations within a few meters, hears his voice from across the garden at elevation. Device also captures phone conversation perfectly...

Wife phones CIA friend and starts telling her all about it

I turned off at this point.

Sorry Charlie and Ciarán, wanted to like this but nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It started off okay but it really fell apart in later episodes. The "action" scenes were incredibly amateurish fare. I've seen more realism in Youtube videos.

Advertisement