Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Blackadder11

So, I looked at these a lot (bringing my maths degree to bear 🤔). Energia have confirmed the 7.54c for 2am-6am and I think that we can police ourselves in 2 eV land to charge only 2am-6pm with top-ups. Day-time rate is not penalised in compensation, we can still get a decent rate (<30c per unit) with plenty of working at home. I would look at Yuno except for their prepay and credit card billing which has garnered some complaints although I do like the look of the app to show usage in detail. bonkers.ie don't appear to factor in the "eV charging windows", not easy of course to have yet another parameter. Comments?

As before, we cannot set a schedule on the Ohme without inputting differnt rates and trusting it to suspend until the correct times but will use the apps from BYD and Hyundai to be 100% sure.

Perhaps we will schedule all our washing (clothes and dishes) for the night shift too but while our timer plug is grand to set the time, each device still need a buuton to be pressed to activate when power returns 🙄. Any suggested solutions to that one, or go to another forum?

Post edited by Blackadder11 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Flogas 24c day and 12c night (00:00-09:00) is looking the best in the market right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

Plus remember a lot of jacks out there are rated at 1.5 ton or 2 ton, think seal is slightly over 2 ton so jack from my old car is no good. Think I'd feel more comfortable using foam or calling out AA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Once you have the tyre rotated to the correct spot, allowing you maximum access with the tool (easier of course on front wheels as steering will be a great help here to present the punctured area in the best possible place for access), I find it's a relatively procedure. Rear tyres, you're on your side, on the ground unfortunately.

If its the driver side front/rear, just mark the sidewall in line with the punture point as a visual indicator to allow you to move the car F/R to the correct position. Passenger rear is the most unfortunate wheel to have to work on.

First 2 services free / break pads & tyres (if required within first 24months) also free. I'm sure that this was not a dealer specific offer, but included for all purchases. In addition, I would wager that any decent tyre with the same dimensions as stock would have a negligible impact on range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Argh. Apologies I made an executive decision and stuck it on. It's growing on me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

This is what we are on.

2 EV household, 8kw of solar, 15kw of batteries.

Means 99% of our energy usage for winter was grid shifted to night rate and we've been entirely off grid this week and would expect to be largely that way until late September.

Only downside is that Flogas are awful to deal with and a pain to get proper FIT payments from.

No you can call up and ask for it, I did that with the BWG offer and same applies with the CERTA affinity deal.

Same thing as the private health insurance market, they may offer affinity deals and target specific groups of customers but anyone can call them up and subscribe to any of their tariffs.

I was pretty determined on the calls I made (two separate occasions - different customer service agents) and failed on both counts. I usually do OK out of call hustling for bill reductions.

• Advertisement

My first call was a fail, but the second time I just said a member of my household was affiliated with BWG and it was accepted. I've renewed on the BWG deal this year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

Looks nice and fits in with your car lovely, not really obtrusive like some spoilers. Did TopBYD sort out your customs problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

Would be nicer if gloss black but not a fan of that, lovely car otherwise.

it’s all ambiguous. I much prefer the blue - gonna order one now I know the colour match is excellent

Got a few bits delivered today

1. Console inserts (went for velour solid over the rubber)
    2. Screen protectors
    3. Integrated Dashcam
    4. Dust caps
    5. Fob protector

Findings:

1. Inserts are good quality and the covering is well fitted. Looks better than the pics below
    2. Screen protectors are very good quality and installed with zero contamination which was a result considering the sizes
    3. Dashcam is an easy fit - just waiting on micro SD but software auto- installs without card.
    4. Dust caps add a further 300bhp
    5. Fob case weighs the same as a bag of spuds

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Like those inserts actually wasn't sure when people were describing them.

Cheers!

No idea tbh. I doubt it though. The last word I got from them was to wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Paremon2

Re Flogas 24c day & 12c night; Are these VAT inclusive rates? I assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭corkandproud

I'd imagine that Continental/BestDrive will have them in stock centrally, and they drop to depots overnight. Have found BestDrive great, not the cheapest but great tyres and great service (in Cork at least)

I don't think the EcoContact 6 are great. Probably lean too much on the lower rolling resistance side at the expense of grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I was with them last year and they sent me an email offer that was higher I went back and quoted the above prices they gave them to me for a renewal this week. First time even I've not changed after 12 months

• Advertisement

Just thinking. That spoiler is stuck on with glue. You'd need to be careful about removing tar spots as that product would also strip the glue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I would say the 'something' is that bit of real estate below the back lights. Seems rather large and out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sealman

See from TOP BYD website that my rear spoiler has just arrived in An Post Galway Depot so should have tommorow. Went for the gloss black one. Am interested to see how it will look on the car now.

What colour is your car?

Stick up a pic when you have it on, waiting on mine in carbon.

Ice blue awd same as yours

Will do

How are owners getting on with radio reception, haven't seen any complaints as of later, I my own case as mentioned don't seem to have any problem, maybe because I am not travelling out of the county that much. also for anyone that didn't get V2L Cable with their car like me this looks like a viable product https://www.topbyd.com/products/byd-discharge-adapter-type2

Radio is awful in areas where you're the wrong side of a hill or mountain. Fine when you're on the right side.

Completely dependent on location for me.

• Advertisement

radio reception is hit and miss, and I’m on the dreaded M50 most of the time. Find I’m using it very little though - I’m usually on Spotify.

Advertisement