Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Heard this morning on the radio the announcement could be Wednesday, if not then certainly at some point later this week.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Touching it up should not be an option. It requires a respray. At the very least the corner of the bumper and blow in the rest. Touch up will peel away again in time.

Keep pressuring the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭John arse

The bumper corner will just pop out to get the bumper blown in properly, shouldn't be chipping off initially though - that's an adhesion problem from the factory that seems to be happening to quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Your typical diesel driver will hear "sponsored by BYD" and lose interest in it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

I had a black spot just on the corner curve over the Finn on the back, just thought someone had hit me but now I am not so sure as the were no scrape marks or anything just a black spot about an inch long, I am now thinking is a paint peel, have it touched up with the paint but still looks a bit grey. will get back to the dealer re same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

For those who installed the dashcam, did you find it easy to pop off the cover on the windscreen? Did you spend extra to get the plastic installation tools, or can it be done just as easily with a small screwdriver?

The reason I ask is because on Aliexpress, it is an extra €20 for the tools which is a bit much.

Use anything plastic. Do t use a screwdriver as you’ll mark the trim IMO.

Where are you based?
    im sure someone near you has some trim removal tools?

Or failing that, they are €2 on Ali express.
    raid your kids school bags for rulers 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brianod73

Got the dashcam from TopBYD and came with a plastic pry tool - was really easy to pop it open using it. I didn't take the mounting unit fully off, just opened it and was able to install. Bit fiddly as not much room to work but from the youtube videos more difficult if take off and try to put back on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

Thanks guys, the TopBYD option looks the best. I just have to be gentle with the plastic installation tool, apparently it breaks easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Blackadder11

If you are near North County Dublin, I am happy to assist. Also, to pop easytrip tag inside if you wish. PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 kevanwm

Hi all. Trying to measure M3 against Seal. I’ve test drives in them both this week.

For the seal - does anyone have any clue why each dealer shows a different retail price for the car?

Is it down to different delivery charges? I didn’t think they listed delivery charges on the websites, so was doubting that.

MSL - 51975

BYD Waterford - 52575

BYD Wexford - 49486

BYD Limerick - 52325

It should be a set price. No difference unless some have the €1000 paint options.

The €52k includes the €2k MSL charge for the AWD and the €46k includes the charge for the RWD. They are the retail prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

There's a guy on the BYD Seal facebook page who has paint peeling off panels (can't post link but his post is from today)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gwento

Have a family buying a Seal anybody have info on if the EU EV Tartiffs are coming here

She phoned dealer he's shocked to hear the news

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/eu-impose-multi-billion-euro-tariffs-chinese-evs-ft-reports-2024-06-12/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Exiled Rebel

I see two former demo model rwd Seals going for 44k at byd north Dublin. Only 4k on the clock.

Could be a great deal if the tariffs are imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭islander222

I've been back and forth on my current car change options and the Seal had jumped to the top of the list.. the last thing I was navigating was the lack of radio reception.. that really is something I wouldn't have expected.. I don't believe the latest OTA is solving that? Can owners confirm? Are any current owners hearing anything from your dealership about future fixes or recalls for the lack of radio reception?

What concerns should we have about the potential EU tariffs?

According to the article July 1st additional tariffs of 17.4% so that's nearly 10k on a seal if the dealer passes on the full whack

She's got one ordered but del is September so don't know where she stands

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭donjuandejohn

I had to use a blade to cut a piece of plastic that was blocking the hole where the camera goes. Needed to pull the whole trim off for this and as the cable loom was wrapped up well in a fabric kind of tape that I needed to cut too. Also I accidentally pulled the rear view mirror off (was still connected with it's cable). Took me a while to figure out how to put it back on but pretty simple in the end (

turn it by 60 degrees and twist into position). Would have actually been a far easier way to to remove the trim had I known earlier. No need to spilt it in two with the rear view mirror removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭dodzy

More f**king tariffs. If it was to happen, that’d bury BYD seal sales.

It's happening on July 1st... now the 10k question is how much are the dealerships going to pass on to the customers and what about the those on here who have put deposits on cars awaiting delivery.. Guess they'll be a lot of reading the small print on the order form tonight.. What a mess for BYD across the range

• Advertisement

Not the dealers, MSL.
    BYD have the margins to absorb this considering their state support and cost to sell back in the home land. But will they is the big question.

Weren't BYD building a couple of huge factories in Europe, how would that affect things I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Will this impact parts too?

☀️

That’s expensive. They are second hand and €46k new. They should be discounted more tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

plenty of stock in Europe already will only impact cars coming in afterwards

Could the tariffs paradoxically cause a huge surge in sales with people trying to pick up the value?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EFX

Heard on radio this evening BYD are offering 5,000 km free motoring to all who purchase a Atto3 or Dolphin at the open days this weekend in MSL. no mention of the Seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭islander222

Or the opposite perhaps? My concern is if this puts the brakes on for BYD breaking into Ireland (Europe) in general affecting aftersales or future sell on value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Advertisement