Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options
1138139140141142144»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EFX

Ah lad you need to sort this audio issue get the dealer to sort it’s not software as I have audio as do loads of others, must be a setting somewhere. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grumpygit

Said they wanted car for a full day to fix it so too much hassle. It's a software issue as I get navigation audio if I have google assistant active at time of audio command. Imagine they were going to fully reload software. Unless upgrade fixes it I will wait until first service

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sealman

Loads of us do not have it as well. Grumpygit is by no means the only one. It is a software issue and I would say a day at MSL would definitely be a day wasted in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Agreed. Waste of time. Knowledge is nowhere near good enough with these guys yet. So there’s the missing audio for some and the digital key issue too. All of us on same software. It’s bloody weird

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EFX

Well to be fair if you don’t let them try you can’t say they can’t do it, they should give /offer you a loan car for the day in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 steak_and_red

at present they’re charging €40 for loan car…

I have no confidence in them doing anything but in any case I am in Galway and they are in Dublin so what good would a loan car be to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I had my Seal in for a day in Enniscorthy for a ticking noise in the aircon when it's set to heat. Got a loaner for the day, no questions.

I think we all knew that not all dealers are created equal in fairness though.

That's why I am hoping to build up a relationship with BYD Limerick when they get more established

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grumpygit

Think we have gone past the days of the mechanic being able to fix everything. The local guys have no access to the software code and are dependent on software fixes coming from china. I'd say all they can do at the moment is reload the software or wait for a software patch whenever the supplier gives them one. Probably a limit to the amount of loan cars they have, would be better being given a specific time period within which they can fix it rather than leaving it in for the day to be put in a queue to be fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Digital key isn't an issue, Samsung don't support it. Samsung wallet is not in Ireland so unless you have an iPhone you won't be able to use it.

FYI the same is with the Hyundai EV9. Digital key is Samsung wallet too. Samsung don't operate wallet in Ireland.

It's not a clitch it's just not operational here.

I'm not too concerned tbh. Have the key or the car there but I use the key always as my house keys are attached to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It is nothing to do with Samsung not supporting. It is an issue with some vehicles not showing the Digital Key as an option; some owners here with IOS have no digital key. And they are on latest update also.

Like you, I have it, but will likely never use it as house & car keys are always with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbh that's just a feature set on the account. Guarantee an email to byd support would activate it. Seems to be batches of them turned on. Not a bug like the nav sound.

Also everything to do with Samsung it doesn't work its also the only supported option on those devices. So square peg round hole.

Post edited by listermint on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Google Pixel is supported, but the car is not enabled for me, for some reason. Have queried with the dealer

Advertisement