Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Yep, still offline.

In other news, 10k km in and still loving it.

Averaging 19.9kWh/100km in the AWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jaymac430

still offline Sun morning. As it’s Sun, probably unlikely to come back today?…

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sealman

Mine still offline also. 7000 km and 6 months into the car and loving it also. Averaging 19.3kwh/100km and it's awd.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭donjuandejohn

Mine was back online at 01:59 on the 16th according to the last update.

Seems a big difference between the AWD and RWD. Mine is over 6000km 5 months old and 15.4 per 100km.

That's an average range of 532 km which is extremely good. I would say you hav e a fairly light right foot and mostly non motorway?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That difference is completely normal. The AWD is less efficient due to the performance orientated motors.

To compare, it’s exactly the same differences between the Model 3 RWD and AWD Performance.

That's over 100 km difference in range though seems a lot especilly when BYD advertise the difference as being only 50 km and I don't even do lot of motorway driving

I don't think I've ever experienced marketing to match reality though.

I know that but still seems a big difference. Mine is in eco most of time and I don't floor it often. You have to sometimes it would be a shame not to feel all that power!😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭DEFIE

• Advertisement

The issue isn't with BYD I think. Renault is experiencing the same. It's not even an issue with the individual network carriers that your global SIM talks to.

It'll be the parent company of the SIM provider that has hassle.

Semi educated opinion here btw.

it’s just come back on for me now. Didn’t have to do anything in the car just shut and restart app

App is back up for me as well. Must have been a busy morning in China!😀😀😀

employee of the month 😩

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Eco mode 😂

Should have just bought a RWD. All it does is limit the power etc

I wanted an AWD. It rains most of the time here in Galway so didn't think driving a car with 330 hp just going through the rear wheels was a good idea. Anyway I find the drive more relaxed in eco but if you floor it, it will still push you back in the seat

Sport mode is great for overtaking and that's about it. Eco all the way. It's got plenty of power as it is.

No one wants to look like a dick pulling away from the lights at light speed. Well, I'd hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Anyone else have over 20k done?

22k done, 18.7 average - but there's a fair bit of 100kmph+ driving in that.

That's a lot in a short time. Is that awd?

whatever they did with the server had a positive outcome. Electronic manual is now available in IE 👍

• Advertisement

That's good. Handy to have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

16k here , you get service done yet? Think it's 20k..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

20K or 365 days, which ever comes first. Incidentally, I thought I was imagining it but……

I'm in the RWD model and when charged to 100%, there is a noticeable difference in acceleration off the line compared to when the battery drops below 100%.

When at 100%, I noted 254kW (340bhp) with full throttle and once the battery drops below 100%, then MAX is 234kW (313bhp - the advertised capability of the car).

I drive in normal mode 99% of the time so this is moot but it is a significant difference nonetheless.

just posted on the BYD Ireland drivers FB page. Interesting goodies here particularly the EV charge planning in the navigation. Looks like the parking sensor volume is tweaked too.

App not working for me anyways. Last update was half ten last night.

RWD, think I made the right decision in picking that over the awd.

@dodzy, going in later this week. 4 new tyres, everything else seems perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭AUDI20

Just over 8000 on mine Average 16.00 per 100km. Drive in Normal Mode all the time, find the echo mode very dead on the RWD. Very little difference between echo and normal on battery consumption I find. App is up a running today.

it is back for me since yesterday. Did you shutdown and restart the App ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I've done 6000km and my consumption is 20.8/100km. Most of my driving is motorway and even my daily commute is 80kph roads, plus it's a 11km commute so any preheating when it was cold was using a lot for a short drive. Lately there have been road works on my commute and I've been getting high 16s/100km.

Post edited by dor83 on

Advertisement