Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If missed in the Dolphin thread. Thanks to Derek.

"Aiming to have around 15 dealers around Ireland. Wexford and Waterford announced last week with Limerick, Galway and Sligo nearing contract signing."

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

I notice BYD don't provide finance with their cars. Nevo has a PCP offer for the Seal on admittedly pretty meh terms when compared to VW's 0% HP offer.

Anyone know if BYD are planning to provide finance in 2024 or of better deals?

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

The do finance through Bank of Ireland, pcp and HP.

Your screenshot literally says finance amount

OK perhaps I've misunderstood. Nevo are providing finance on behalf of BYD in partnership with BOI? Is their any alternatives as 5.9% is a bit crap given what VW are offering.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

lol. Take that 5.9% and run.

I'd be worried about residuals there - the monthly amount seems artificially low and that balloon is 50% of the new price - where's the equity?

• Advertisement

VW is via VW bank they can do whatever 0 percent offers they like.

No there are no other offers. Finance markets have gone up over the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ranntheman

definitely! Disappointed I can’t get it before Christmas but I guess a 241 plate will have to do 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish  don

Hi I have byd seal ordered anyone have any thoughts on putting mud flaps on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭djan

They really should be mandatory in a country where it rains so much. Makes a huge difference to visibility on higher speed roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

Anyone got any firm dates when this car will be available besides a vague early or mid December which was mid November or early December and before that was late October.. if they are coming all the way from china you would imagine the dealers should at least know what the manifest is and a better estimate of the dates available. All this vagueness makes me loose confidence in the quality of sales and after sales. Did the atto 3 have the same issues with arrival date.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ve put them on most of my cars. The moulded versions. Really makes a big difference as you notice it when your into washing cars at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I went into BYD Wexford today. It's based in The Enniscorthy Motor Company/Cupra Wexford building.

All the signage was up on the building but no cars in the BYD section of the showroom yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭derekreilly

Happy to clarify @ColemanY2K We (Nevo) are partnered with Bank of Ireland and show the BOI rate. Bank of Ireland Finance is the finance partner for BYD in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's out in the Motor Company? I thought it was going in beside BMW?

Yeah it's in the Motor Company. I thought it was going in a new building too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Is Enniscorthy Motor Company part of the Bolands group?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea think it's been in it since before Ford left Enniscorthy. Boland's moved Ford to Wexford if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

Might try them next year for a seal, couldn't deal with the south Dublin crowd.

Post edited by John arse on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

No firm dates, dealer is keeping me updated though. Latest is shipment of cars due in before Christmas and will be ready for collection in first 3 weeks of January. Not sure what the delay would be if they actually have the the car but I can't collect until 3rd week of Jan 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I asked and was told after Christmas. But not date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

When you think about it, designers spend their time tweaking the aerodynamics of a car, particularly around the wheels, under car, hub caps etc, then we stick on 4 big air brakes..

Slightly tongue in cheek..😋

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The designers don’t care about our roads spitting up crap onto the bodywork.

They picturing the car driven in sunny southern hemisphere countries on dry days only with no rain or traffic!

god damn drunks is what they are 😂

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Spotted my first Seal in the wild today !! Its was white , really nice , but the "hum" was very loud ..

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭AmpMan

If you are buying a BYD its best to keep any water as far away as possible from it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Hi all. Interesting reading here. I’m interested in the Seal or a new model 3 Tesla. They both have something in common which you might have guessed.

I test drove the seal in Dublin. The noise that comes out of it is required under legislation I’m told. It’s only below a certain speed and it can’t be turned off. However, the fact that it’s so loud in the cockpit was very annoying for me. It might have been through the speakers which could be fixed but felt like it was outside noise coming in.

In addition, though the car is super quick and pretty comfy, there’s definitely an issue with noise from outside the car. Also, the driver assist systems proved to be more dangerous than helpful over the 30 mins I had the car which I’d also seen in many reviews. If turning them off, you have to do this manually each time you get in the car (another legal requirement). I use these a lot in my current EV though so this doesn’t impress me.

Would be keen to see how the facelifted model 3 compares now. I know the Tesla driver assist (autopilot) options are well tested and have had a lot of time to be refined. BYD might get this right over time but it totally put me off wanting one when coupled with the noise. The Tesla appears to have done quite a lot in terms of cockpit noise but none available to test drive as yet (I don’t think)

Seal also has a heads up display and a screen over the steering wheel for info which I think is sorely lacking in the Tesla (I know you can add an aftermarket one). The seal has the quirky rotation on the screen though it didn’t seem useful when in the car and blocked some of the visibility and centre console. Tesla has the screen in the back for the kids now though the usefulness I am not sure.

Theres not much in the price when looking at the higher spec seal and dual motor model 3 though. I’d be nervous about the potential depreciation on the Seal vs Tesla as the brand is unknown in these parts.

With VW dropping prices significantly including Skoda etc, buying a new EV may be a money pit as they all battle it out for price

What do you guys think?

• Advertisement

the excessive hum sound is a noted issue. byd are working on a software update to tone it down. same goes for the driver assist systems.

the m3 is a more refined car as tesla have had a few years to iron out issues it had when they were launched which may take byd a wee while to sort out on the seal.

Advertisement