Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭listermint

A pedal too far for me 😃

Independent breaking for the win !

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Yeah, it’s great in our i3s. The missus also learnt to drive in that car, if there was no one pedal driving I don’t think it would be long before she rolled into something 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jazzyt

Same thing happened me too.I changed the cable to the older USB-A to lightning and it worked fine then.

The type C is a charging port only afaik. The USB A interfaces with the cars infotainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jazzyt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

No pics yet as the ones I have have my kids in them. Car is worth it alone for the fun they're having with it looking up at clouds and watching the screen rotate.

Suspension on the AWD flavour is great on the bog roads around here, I haven't tested it in sports mode yet so only have the comfort setting to go on.

App access was set up within hours of collecting it there the other day. No QR code, the car just appeared in the app about 8 hours after I got the car.

I seem to have the SIM activated as the app can talk to the car and I can do stuff. The navigation is working, I have a 4g symbol on the tablet but Spotify won't work despite being signed in. Could be just the dodgy reception in my area though.

Data usage, allowance and metrics are all coming up at 0. Anyone have a car iron way to see if your SIM is activated?

I'm being boring and following the manual by not going too nuts with the acceleration. But the odd time I do gun it she flies. Oddly the manual also states not to drive it too slowly as well. Go figure.

Car came with two keys, one NFC card and a granny and standard charging cable. Also included are the shades for the roof.

I had that thing where I was in the passenger seat fitting the dashcam and had the alarm go off as I was on the phone sending a few messages and went over ten minutes.

Dashcam took 5 mins to fit, I found I needed to be fairly rigorous with removing the cover. Trim removal tool definitely an advantage there. Also needed a knife to cut the tape as I couldn't get the fingers in to unwrap it.

Reboot and off I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

Data allowance showing as 0 means not set up yet, should show 500Mb for the first month, not sure how you got Spotify to log in without data but Spotify will run down your data allowance fairly rapidly, I use it through Android auto and works perfectly.

Next time you are going to be sitting in the car with power off, try turning off child detection first. It's a pain as it automatically reactivates every time you turn the car on.

All only minor issues. Enjoy the car, took me a little while to get used to it ( first electric or auto) but delighted with it now. Power is over the top, won't use half of it, dread the time boy racers get their hands on these cars although they don't seem to have Tesla's yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Lads, what’s the sound system like? On my test drive I didn’t have a play around. Hearing mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It's great, to my uncultured ears anyway. I suspect it's audiophiles who are the ones saying it's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

I can't find fault with it either. Saw some people saying volume was too low but not my experience. Speakers in the door and listening to a track with heavy beat while driving and resting my arm on the door I can feel the whole door vibrating which sometimes can be a pain ( need to stop me passenger selecting tracks and listen to better music)

• Advertisement

Cheers.

I guess I could have been on house WiFi setting up, then once I scooted off I've lost the ability to use Spotify.

On that subject the Seal is picking up WiFi really badly compared to the Leaf in the exact same spot. Barely one bar compared to the full house in the Leaf.

The maps are obviously cached locally as I guess it'd be a poor use of data to be constantly fetching map tiles a la Google maps. And even they allow you to pre fetch an area in case you go offline.

The app notifications took approximately 8 hours to come through. Stopped charging around midnight and I got the alert at 0845.

Thanks again.

Didn't someone post their tweaked settings for the audio? Could have been a different forum though.

Sound is highly individual though so I guess it's down to each end user to adjust to their preference. Could be a good starting point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

More permanent ‘solution’ to the warnings …

https://youtu.be/V1OOLH4JbV0?si=Z8cL4mggScEBtlj7

Not without it's issues. But permanent it would be.

Also to note the software in the car I'm driving now isn't trying to kill me in the way the test drive model was two months ago. Exact same roads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

That's probably not the best idea imo, I would imagine your insurer would use it as a reason to not pay out a claim. It also disabled everything so you have no assists, no ACC even, which imo is worse than having to turn one or two options off when you get into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 steak_and_red

Anybody try fit a dashcam and remove the housing only to see that the hole for the camera has been filled in.

If so, any simple solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 steak_and_red

Ignore that - the thing blocking it pops out after a bit of effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poweroisin7

Anyone happen to have an older byd software file handy all the others seem to have been taken down and I’m trying to install 3rd party apps and I need to downgrade

Post edited by poweroisin7 on

1Gb just appeared there about two hours ago. Looks like I'm up and running.

I suppose it's a sign of the national dealership network still being set up that we've all had slightly different experiences in getting data and apps set up.

I'd like to think that people going forward will get theirs sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

DM me your email.

I should still have the files, can share when I'm home there in an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poweroisin7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Tried the app phone numbers for support and roadside assistance, needless to say it doesn't work:

Number advertised on their Irish site is the AA roadside assistance number: 01 6497489

Might be handy to have it saved.

Anyone know if there is a front fog light setting? I assume that the DRLs do double duty as front fogs seeing as there's no actual front fog lights.

But if you have those switched off do they come on when you switch the rear fog light on via the light stalk?

Quick edit: There's something referred to as 'position lights' in the manual. I'm not sure are these the fancy accent lights lower down or are those the DRLs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Another question for new owners. I’m currently in a BMW F10, soon to be replaced with a seal. How do you guys find the headlights? The BMW (non-xenon) are like 2 candles. Always have been hopeless. Incidentally, I’m waiting on ice blue/black interior. Was told I could have white/black interior tomorrow if I wanted it due to stock levels. They obviously had white all pimped up & on display - looked beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Dealer gave me this number from Ireland (0818) 227 228

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭AUDI20

With is lovely with the black contrast of the diffusers, Seems to be a waiting time for the greys and Blues, collecting mine this Wednesday in white with black interior. I am like a child waiting for Christmas😀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

White is one of the mot underestimated colours IMO on these cars. Similar to the Tesla, its not a flat white. Its a multi coat pearl white and they shimmer in the sun light. You can see the difference when parked beside my Alpine White BMW.

• Advertisement

I don't think they do a duff colour, even the divisive green is nice in person. Oddly the Ice Blue I've ended up with is probably my least favourite now.

Buyers remorse how are you.

Advertisement