Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Trainer Sessions

Options
  • 08-12-2022 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a recommendation for a plan or app for turbo trainer sessions? I'll probably be on it a lot over the next few weeks.

I cannot currently get wifi/zwift out in the shed where the trainer is set up (the mobile data off phone is also very poor), and I don't have a spare room in the house to leave the bike setup permanently.

cheers in advance

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Get yourself TP links plugs to bridge the wifi to the shed or a savage length of Ethernet cable maybe.

If you are running a Kickr core trainer with a wahoo you can ride saved routes or sessions from the headunit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

thanks for that. I've a garmin and wahoo kickr

Post edited by beggars_bush on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

You probably don't need an active internet connection with Trainerroad once you've got the workout loaded (that's not to say it doesn't, but I can't see why it would). That said the app is slow as f**k to start up initially so presumably it's loading something then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Can you use golden cheetah at all?

There's an app called open Road too that lets you download videos to do offline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭ratracer

Wahoo Systm workouts can be downloaded to your device and then used offline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement