Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American didn't take Debit Card payment (warning to all)

Options
  • 08-12-2022 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I haven't quite got to the bottom of what happened yet. But I bought a flight via AA.com (American Airlines) direct. I paid with AIB debit card, did all the verified checks etc and American never took payment, they didn't send me a confirmation email, but they did forward me the flight details including a booking reference. So I thought I was all good.

A few days later I logged in to check if I could book a seat , and there was a warning that I still needed to pay. But on the AIB end I could see the money was gone from my account (it was pending, but I was only using quick balance so I didn't see it). I called American, they said they hadn't been paid. I paid over the phone. I called AIB, they confirmed I had done everything correctly and it was up to the merchant to take the payment.

So just beware! If I had waited a day or two more American would have cancelled the booking.

Post edited by Tenger on

Advertisement