Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build to Rent apartment - stuck with Pinergy PAYG plan

Options
  • 08-12-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Moved into a new build BTR apartment a few months ago, we're stuck with Pinergy apparently something to do with the electricity being fully renewable (guessing its part of ESG certification as block is owned by an Irish pension fund).

When i tried to sign up for a monthly plan Pinergy informed me the smart meter does not phone home frequently enough for one of the bill plans due to the cellular signal not being strong enough, therefore we're stuck on one of the PAYG plans. I'm looking to understand is this even legal?

Also, does the below charges seem expensive or would they be in line with the market? I'm guessing being on bill pay would automatically eliminate that 163 euro "prepayment charge" below.

Thanks folks.

Advertisement