Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard courses from abroad

• 08-12-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm looking for some information on Springboard courses. To put a long story short I've been living and working abroad for a couple years but found an MSC on Springboard I would like to do. With Springboard it would only be a couple hundred without its around 9 grand. The course is fully remote so works for me and I can fly home when ever needed.

When I applied the asked for my PPS number, obviously I haven't paid tax in Ireland for a while but I put down my Irish where I still have bills in my name for proof of address.

I haven't heard back from the college yet and I'm starting to think they may be on to me.

Does any one know if this will be flagged to the college?

*** side note when I lived in Ireland I paid taxes for years so I should have some tax credits if that's what they base it off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

You don't pay taxes in Ireland, don't live here, but want to have a benefit of free/reduced price education, covered by other tax payers of Ireland? Doesn't sound ethical. Did you read eligibility criteria?

https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dublin991

First of all, I am Irish and paid taxes there for years without claiming a penny, I live in another EU state and still contribute to the EU which is the funding source for the Springboard initiative.

Second of all, please reread my post I know the eligibility. I'm asking if anyone knows if this will be flagged or should I fork out the 9K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Criteria number one from the eligibility list is 'be living fulltime in the Republic of Ireland'. Bills can cover that, but how are you going to prove that you work or getting social welfare payments in Ireland?

Also correction, Springboard (so, HEA) is making a decision for your funding. It doesn't matter if you paid taxes years ago, it matters where you pay them now and where do you live... I'd recommend looking for an alternative in your residence country, if it's within the EU. And lastly, drop your attitude, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dublin991

Thanks Oprah, I'll bear that in mind.

Advertisement