Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fest - Emo, Co. Laois - July 21-23 2023

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It depended on how much stuff you had.

Rubik and Desk tidy pulled up beside us in the car park. They only had a couple of bags each, so sailed in no bother.

We had a good bit of stuff and had the cart loaded etc, so it was a bit of a faff, but worked out ok.

You could walk it, but it was 35-40 minutes of hilly road which was trafficked so not recommended.

I hadn't done park and ride at a festival before so didn't know what to expect, but once you allow yourself a bit of extra time and a bit of patience it works well.

The field itself was pretty cut up. l was getting over a broken foot from a few months ago, so the little trenchlines were unwelcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Honestly, from looking at the camping site as I sailed in and out each day, it's not something I'd have sent a swamp donkey into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The campsites were pretty rough, but the staff putting the hay down did make a big difference. I had two little ones, but the wagon we were planning to use to truck them around was useless in the mud and the hay.

Just a note for others to throw in; there had been promise of a Family campsite all the way along on the website and the maps even on the weekend, but that was not a thing at all.

The bus transport (Campsite to carpark) was pretty good, but I reckon we got lucky. When we arrived/left we were on a big coach where we put our gear in the luggage hold, but there were definitely others who were struggling to get their stuff onto what was a standard bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

I was a bit surprised to see standard coaches for the shuttles - as if they didn't expect people to rock up with big trolleys etc. Maybe a flatbed truck following the bus would have been an idea.

But the staff couldn't have been more helpful in fairness and mimimal queueing really both there and back.

My first time there and hugely impressed, so many great bands but especially James and Suede, neither of whom I'd seen before,, wow they are both superb live.

Wasn't much in the way of fairy lights and fancy sculptures etc but who needs it when the music is of this quality.

Advertisement