Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fest - Emo, Co. Laois - July 21-23 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Have people given up on the manics? Going by the booking of the festival so far I'm sure it'll be something to satisfy most!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

None of them really fit that silhouette, maybe Nicky at a push but they're a threesome not a solo female.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Never judge a book by it's silhouette and all that but this is a tad disappointing given the pre billing. Unless it turns out to be Beth Hart (doubtful) I'd much rather have seen another classic indie band given the nod.

Actually Beth Hart has a gap in her European tour schedule on the Saturday and Sunday but is in Germany before and after that. Would still seem a stretch.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Buckle up, lads. That silhouette looks like Linda Martin to me.

Snarky Snark Snark

... removed previous as posted whilst drunky....

Post edited by scruff monkey on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maye you'll get Souxsie Scruff. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well fair play to them for adding some speculation, I'm not going to Forrest fest and am mad to see who it is 😂

• Advertisement

Tick tock..Still holding out hope it will be the Manics breaking through the image and that the silhouette was just an elaborate ruse to throw everyone off track 🤞

Snarky Snark Snark

it was a bit too ageist and sexist...

AND I'D DO IT AGAIN

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

From the EP thread.

So the confusion (on my end) was that Sister Sledge are playing America on the Saturday, so it couldn't be them.

There are 4 sisters, and there's 2 different bands called Sister sledge, with 2 of the sisters in each group...........

One are in the US and the other are in Emo!

Happy enough with this tbh, some great tunes.

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, it's not one I'd ever have thought of until the leak d'other day.

Makes a change from Chic at these things whilst still being in the same party vibe vein as Chic, could be a really good booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"We are family. I've not got all my sisters with me..."

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Snarky Snark Snark

There's still hope for Picnic tbh, next round of names will be due soon for that.

Saturday was the weaker day in terms of lineup imo and this announcement is consistent with that. Seems like they're going for full EP of a few years back. Very solid base with a bit of soul chic type vibes. It's still shaping up to be a lot of craic though. Looking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Navan Man01

Ah, someone mentioned the Manics & got my hopes up, was bit meh!

Still a really strong gig reel over the days! Saturday will be class, then some disco at the end!!!

Dancing shoes for shape throwing will be required for the whole weekend! Really looking forward to it! Roll on July 21st!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭covey09

Looking for a Campervan ticket or a Camper ticket please and thanks.

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I see they're running buses, I'd be able to get there and back from Naas. Nice one. I might pick up a Sunday ticket so, catch Brett and the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't it be funny if there were actually trees doing a gig in one of the stages, then it really would be a Forest Fest. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭covey09

Got Sorted , Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 23 YngSeal

The bus price is a bit mad though. 40 euro to get there and 55 total with the return.

Does anyone know how the shuttle bus services worked last year. Price and times?

Might be worth getting a train to Port Laoise and the shuttle in.

Got the shuttle for EP from Portlaoise. I believe Emo would be similar distance. Service was good. I think it cost 6euro each way which I thought was a bit steep considering they packed them in and it was a short distance. But they basically have a monopoly so no point in arguing. Live and love.

Not to labour the shuttle cost point too much but the cost from Bundoran to Ballyshannon (similar trip) for Rory Gallagher fest was 3euro a trip as a comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

how much is the shuttle from portlaoise to emo, one way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 KawaKris

Hi, I'm looking for 2 tickets for the Campervan site for this, Please.

Thanks.

Advertisement