Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fest - Emo, Co. Laois - July 21-23 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

You'll be more than covered at ATN in a couple of weeks though Rubik!

Yea there is a good bit of filler there but more than enough to keep me going tbh.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully the rain pisses off..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

They tried it last year but obviously nobody was interested so they didn't bring it back

The age of the crowd this type of festival (forever young/night and day) attracts skews much much older than something like EP so there is no demand for dance music at 3am. I was at night and day festival last year and there was like 20 people in the dance music tent after the headliners finished at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

For anyone planning on camping, check yer e-mails. Comms from the organisers

"The weekend is almost upon us and we are really looking forward to welcoming you to this years event. We have a stellar lineup as you know and with our two new additional stages, the Forest Fleadh stage and the Perfect Day stage we are going to have a blast.

The weather hasn't been the best, especially last weekend but we are glad to to say the ground for Forest Fest is in good nic with still further drying over the next few days.

Can you let us know the estimated day and time you are coming to the festival so we can be properly resourced for efficient transfers for you to the camping area?

Please fill in the form on this page <snip>

The campsites will have food vendors available throughout the weekend but you can also book your breakfast in Batoni's restaurant in Emo village which will be served from 8am -11am on Friday and 9am -11.30am on Saturday. Booking also available outside of those times for the set menu".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Reckon this is to gage numbers for the shuttle coach? Can't see us being there before 3pm on Friday.

Snarky Snark Snark

Would make sense, trying to get an idea as to when peak traffic will be.

I'm undecided, have tent and gear ready to rock but have the offer of a couch nearby with a family member who is also heading so might leave it till tomorrow night/thursday before making a decision on to camp or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Looks like 8 euro a pop each way. Not cheap compared to other festivals but cest la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

53.081411, -7.197992 as the car park

That's what we were given as the location of the car park

Snarky Snark Snark

New missive from the organisers just dropped, with my suspicious hat on, the ground is not as ok as they're saying it is.

”Dear Forest Fest Fans

Preparations are almost complete, and we are looking forward to welcoming you all this weekend for Forest Fest 2. Ground conditions are good with the site coming together nicely and still some drying to take place over the next couple of days. 

In the interest of delivering the best possible experience for all our Campers and Glampers we have decided not to open our Tent Campsite and Glampsite until Friday morning 9am. 

Campervans and Caravans can proceed on Thursday as normal with those sites opening at 4pm. 

Please take note again that Tent Campers and Glampers are not to come on Thursday as previously indicated but can arrive Friday 9am. This is simply an extra measure to ensure you have the best possible weekend and we do apologise for the late notice.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If anyone staying in Portlaoise, Portarlington or Mountmellick

https://martleys.com/wp-content/uploads/Forest-Fest-2023-Final-Website-1024x1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Heading on Friday afternoon with the campervan but have to leave on Sunday evening, do you think they'll have tractors in place to help if conditions deteriorate as the forecast isn't looking great atm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Shocking how many festivals are a wash out in mid so called summer. Forever Young, Body and Soul, now this. Hope some of the tent acts are good and it's possible to get in lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'll be arriving in the campervan on Friday evening. The latest forecast I've seen has Friday good...but Saturday and Sunday...not so much.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭covey09

We're heading down tomorrow in the Camper, will let ye know how we get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Overview: Rather unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Giving Body & Soul their dues the weather leading up to the build was gorgeous its just unfortunate that it coincided with a sprinkling of thunder storms, when the sun shone it was hot and there was decent enough dry spells in-between even BTP had a wet Friday too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, pretty certain that I’m gonna take that couch bed offfer from the cousin.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah the particular field given over to tents is just behind a previously wooded area, which is a sure sign of wet land.

I might take a trip along the road tomorrow to suss it out

Snarky Snark Snark

There’s a copy of Monacos second album on flea bay for about 40 yo-yos, seriously tempted.

I plan on being up close and centre for hooky on Friday.

I cannot believe they've scheduled an overlap with James there.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I’m meh on James but there’s cross over on the end of Nik Kershaws set too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yea, 15 minutes earlier for Peter Hook is all that's required. James wouldn't be starting bang on time anyway.

Anxious about the weather to say the least!

Were they strict last year on bag searches going in checking for your own food and drink?

Snarky Snark Snark

Good raincoat and shoes with a bit of waterproofing and be grand

Very strict last year, re sneaking cans in.

It's twice the capacity this year though, so they won't have time to be thorough.

A few images from site from their FB.

There are at least a few covered areas to take shelter from the showers.

From the video on FB, it looks like the only area without some cover is the main stage (Forest stage).

We are flying out to Hungary on Tuesday morning so I'll appreciate the weather out there!

Think i'll go for the wellies and shorts fashion!

Thought we'd get away dry Friday but looks like could be wet now.

• Advertisement

Advertisement