Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Infotainment system locking up

• 09-12-2022 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone else had this issue and if there is any cost effective solution?

I initially thought it was my smart phone and Android Auto causing the issue but I recently noticed that its also locking up even when my phone isnt connected (either by cable or bluetooth). For example I could turn on the ignition and the radio comes on but immediately the infotainment system buttons or the buttons on the steering wheel are unresponsive.

I got onto a Skoda dealership wondering if they do software updates and was advised that they can perform diagnostics but its ~250 (cant recall the exact price) I was quoted and is an awful lot to spend considering it may not lead to a solution.

Any suggestions ? Its driving me cracked :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

Better off to either find a good independent garage with access to online updates or get a used unit and get it coded to suit, breakers don't usually have much value on audio equipment,or lastly remove your own and send it for test/repair all of these options will work out alot cheaper than the main dealer as they will just replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭buzzing147

Wondering about 2017 superb, no sound on radio or SD card etc, sometimes when start car volume works and lot of times no sound. Only have the car a week so new to this behaviour. Volume control goes up and down but no sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

May be worth asking on Briskoda.net - many people there have experienced all sorts of issues. Is there an option to factory reset your unit? My 2015 has an MIB 1 unit that can be hard reset with a button combination. I do it annually to prevent bugs from raring their ugly heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hold down the power button for about 15secs to reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭tmg

might be worth a look- any firmware or maps updates are here - https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement