Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank holiday entitlements when temporary contract being made permanent?

Options
  • 11-12-2022 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

currently on a seasonal contract with a job till aprox christmas week & wondering if anyone knows if i get a permanent contract then, does the hours i worked while being temporary up till that week (pretty much full time every week) count as time worked for bank holiday entitlements? or would i lose what would normallhy be owed for christmas & stephends day ? wouldn't be surprised if thats why they timed it like that lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

In order to have public holiday entitlements you need to have simply worked a total of 40 hours accumulated over the 5 weeks preceding the public holiday. Doesn’t matter if those week was as a temporary or permanent employee. Don’t forget New Years Day is also a public holiday.

Advertisement