Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics Ireland Membership/Registration

Options
  • 11-12-2022 12:15pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Is there an issue with this at the moment? I'm trying to renew my club membership and the AI site says my account isn't activated, yet no email to fix this has arrived. Strange since I renewed last year without an issue. Forgotten password option is also dead. Nothing in my junk folder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭skinnyfries

I had the same problem, it brings you to an Eventbrite page and use that password. It’s not straightforward at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭skinnyfries

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes, through a contact and AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Is anyone still having issues with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

Managed to renew mine with ease. Just had to do a “forgot my password” despite knowing it. After that, all went well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

I gave up in the end and have contacted Eventmaster, every time I put in the code from the authenticator app I received a "could not load page" error.

That app didn’t work for me. I went by the “forgot my password” link. Either way, see ya on the 15th?! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

2 questions.

Can you just join yourself or do you need to be in a club?

If I join a club in the north, would I still need to pay the €2 extra for each race

Not sure if I understand your question. What would you like to join yourself?

edit: sometimes it’s better to think before write 😁.

if you refer to the 25€ membership fee then I don’t really know. My guess would be you have to be with a club as that is usually paid through the Club and has you registered with that club. If you just pay it without the Club link I’d say it kind of defeats the purpose and clubs would suffer. Not sure though.

with regards to the 2€ I’d say that depends on what the rules say. If those say “have to be with a club” then it shouldn’t matter as long as it’s part of the EU (as everyone needs to be treated equally). If it says “registered with the AAI” then I would say you still have to pay unless Clubs from the north contribute to the south. But again.. not 100% certain.

• Advertisement

Sorry I am probably not explaining myself

I read that AAI have introduced a new things that unless you are in a club there is a €2 levy on all races. Can I get around that by just signing up to AAI myself?

And if I join a club in northern Ireland, will that avoid the levy?

see my answer above 🙂. Maybe someone else knows but I would highly doubt both. But let’s be honest, if you sign up with aai (that’s the membership part) it will cost you 25€. To do so just to save 2€ per race would mean you need to enter at least 13 races. If you got the funds to do that I’m sure you have to additional 26€ to give to the clubs etc for those races 😉

Does the extra €2 go to the clubs putting on the race? If that's the case I'll do that so

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

This fee goes directly to Athletics Ireland not the race organisers. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I joined a local a/c rather than throwing €2/€3 to AI every time I entered a race from now on. Hoping their training sessions will help me a bit as well of course.

Advertisement