Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Sunglasses

Options
  • 11-12-2022 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Could someone recommend sunglasses for cycling in strong low winter sunshine, such as we are having at the moment. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm getting way more use out of Oakley Prizm Road lenses than I expected. They do the job for me on everything other than the dullest of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Second the oakley prizm lens you can get them in a dozen styles but they're very good in mixed lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Headwind

Agree with previous posts. Oakley Prizm all tthe way. Not cheap but definitely worth the extra over other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

bike-discount.de seems to be the cheapest place for Oakleys at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I've been using siroko photochromic polarized and can't complain. haven't done too much low sun in them. but make sure they are on sale. can be picked for 20 odd euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Never used Oakley but have found POC to be brilliant. Extremely comfortable and great lenses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I own 3 pairs of Oakleys,use them for driving or just out and about,but dont use them on the bike.I've 2 pairs of Tifosi cycling sunglass's for the bike and find them really good at a much cheaper pricepoint than the Oakley's.The pair I wear mostly in winter react to the sun,the lense's darken when it's bright and go clear when it's dark.Am wearing them these dark evenings on the after dinner spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Thank you for your contributions and suggestions. I have more or less decided to order either Oakley Jawbreaker Prizm Road - Light Transmission of 20% - €120 OR Oakley Encoder Prizm Field - Light Transmission of 15% - €140, both available from Bike Discount DE. Any information to help with choice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I don't have any experience with the Prizm Field, but I have the Jawbreakers with Prizm Road and I find them great. On the brightest of summers days you might wish you had something darker, but almost every other day I find them fine (I do have a pair of lighter ones if I'm going out on a very dark or rainy day)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Another +1 for the Jawbreakers, just ordered another pair from Santy

• Advertisement
Advertisement