Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote - Immersion boiler

• 11-12-2022 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

So I have an immersion boiler with just an On/Off Switch. I'm looking at replacing the Switch and getting a Climote Immersion installed which apparently let's you control your immersion from your phone, see the remaining hot water % in the boiler and a few more things that'll prolly make my life easier and will help me save some electricity.

Any thoughts on the immersion version of Climote? Sounds a bit pricey at €400 (including installation) but I haven't really found any decent alternative designed for immersion boilers that works fine and looks good.

Must say I have no experience at all with boilers, etc. so any advice will be more than welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emaherx

Pricey at €400 + has a subscription charge.

My mother has standard boiler one, wouldn't be a fan of the interface either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lasai

Subscription is €10 a year after year 1 (Y1 is free), not ideal but I don't really mind. I had a look at the standard boiler one and interface looks indeed outdated but this one seems to be relatively simple and easy to use which is something I like.

Any other suggestion that works fine with an immersion boiler anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ridiculously over priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emaherx

€10 euro a year + already expensive with a poor interface. In the grand scheme of things the subscription is not the biggest issue but I'd probably look for something else myself.

Most things work with an immersion if you use a contactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lasai

Any suggestions for an alternative that works with an Immersion and is not so pricey?

• Advertisement
Advertisement