Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU261 compensation for delayed flights; what happens if Airline simply ignores claim

• 11-12-2022 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭

What is the final recourse for a claim for delayed flights compensation under EU261?

I had the airline ignore my claim.

I then filed a claim with the relevant national civil aviation authority.

The airline is now ignoring the civil aviation authority, which has issued a 7 day final warning.

The aviation authority will (presumably) fine the airline.

But, how do I get my compensation at that stage?

Do I use the small claims or European small claims procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

A few more details please. Airline/airports/length of delay/reason for delay and timescale as to when initial claim was submitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭BornSkippy

Sorry, not trying to be difficult, but I don't want to identify myself with too much specific information in case it prejudices future action.

The flight was from Greece to Ireland on an Irish Airline this year. The EU261 claim was made to the airline within about 4 months, after it had ignored related complaints over that period.

Without getting bogged down into the substantive issues of the matter, I'm curious to learn of the procedure involved.

Specifically, what forum is appropriate to escalate the matter to after the civil aviation regulator completes its process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Small claims court is the next step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭BornSkippy

Thanks Chunky. I'll look at that so.

If I have made EU261 claims for my wife and I, under tickets bought together by me, would we both have to attend SCC for seperate hearings or could I handle both?

Advertisement