Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop chargers not working

Options
  • 11-12-2022 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

Charger stop working last month on 2 year old laptop. Bought replacement charger and now a month later , it's not working also.

Any thoughts on cause or ideas to check for fixing?

Comments

• Trying cleaning your charging port, check for any obvious issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

Thanks will do. It almost feels like the charger is a bit loose in the charger port. But it worked initially with replacement charger? Which made me doubt it.

I had the original charger checked and the repair shop said there was a fault in the charger

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Fallout2022

You want to test the power jack with a multimeter.

Fault might be with the jack or with its connetion to the mainboard.

Sometimes a jack can have worked a bit loose and just need to be resoldered to the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

Thanks.will do. I have an assignment 90% done on it. Battery life down to 8%

So in the meantime, I need to try get in copied to usb quickly to finish on other laptop. Or else start all over again, which would be a nightmare.

Advertisement