Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Pokemon cards?

Options
  • 11-12-2022 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭

The niece is looking for Pokemon cards for Xmas. Easy right, not for this old man, seems to be a lot of different ones out there. Can anyone tell me about what ones I should be buying and recommend a reputable Irish seller? Budget 60-100ish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mishal54

If you are looking for Pokemon cards for Christmas, there are a few options available to you.

1. Local card shops: Many cities have local card shops that specialize in trading cards, including Pokemon cards. These shops may have a wide selection of cards, including rare and hard-to-find cards.
    2. Online retailers: You can also find Pokemon cards on online retailers such as Amazon, eBay, or Walmart. These retailers offer a wide selection of cards and often have deals and discounts available.
    3. Specialty stores: Some specialty stores like GameStop, Toys R Us and Target carry Pokemon cards as well.
    4. Collectors' websites: Some websites like TCGPlayer and CardMarket specialize in selling Pokemon cards. You can find a wide selection of cards, including older and rare cards.
    5. Buying a booster box or theme deck: You can also purchase a booster box or theme deck, which contains a set number of cards. These are perfect for collectors and players who want to expand their collection.

It is important to note that it is also important to make sure that the cards you're buying are genuine and not counterfeit. You can check the holographic seal on the cards and verify the serial number on the official Pokemon website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FitBoyAwesome

People are buying and selling YuGiOh cards like they're gold. It's a fun game, and I'd like to have some holographic versions of my favourite cards, but this is ridiculous.

I'll just have to wait until everything "beanie babies" itself out. These collectors bs make a lot of money in the short term, and then everything falls apart when the next fad comes along. I anticipate that card openings will be less popular once all quarantines have been lifted and everyone is free to go outside.

That being said, I'm concerned about how our children are becoming addicted to various forms of legalised gambling. It just feels unethical, as if we're grooming these kids to be dopamine/gambling addicts.

Advertisement