Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separate contractors for UFH install and heat pump system

Options
  • 12-12-2022 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

We are doing a new extension and other works. As part of this, we would like for the building contractor to replace the suspended ground timber floor in several rooms with concrete slab, insulation, UFH and screed. Our issue is that we will need to have a separate one stop shop contractor doing EWI, heat pump/central heating, windows/doors etc. The latter won't do the slab/UFH and they come on site several weeks after the first contractor has finished.

The UFH needs to be pressure tested and I assume filled - before/during/after the screed.

Is this a straightforward build and handover process for all parties and or am I bringing trouble on myself?

Also, would anyone know the approx. duration between doing the slab, UFH and screed and being able to walk/put furniture on the screed - we'd let it cure for several weeks after this prior to tiling/flooring. The crawl space is around 50cm. Trying to minimise the period we're out of the house.

Thanks,

William

Advertisement