Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 282

Options
  • 12-12-2022 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭

Not sure if says more about the death of this forum or the low wattage card that this didn't have its own thread. Anyway, I was wondering what people made of the two decisions in the co-main and main events?

• The Paddy Pimblett decision seemed like an absolute robbery. It was unanimous too, which was all the more bizarre. Regardless anyway he was made to look very ordinary against an opponent who isn't even ranked. Can't see him progressing too much further in that division.
    • I think the main event wasn't so bad. I thought Joe Rogan was disgraceful in the post-fight interviews though - just really unprofessional. He practically guilted Jan B to say he lost and then threw the judges under the bus in front of the crowd. Under different circumstances that could have caused a riot. If you're doing that job you need to be somewhat impartial even if he did feel personally that a robbery had taken place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The card was really poor on pulling power,

Anyone that watched Paddy before he got to the UFC knew he was never going it make it waves in the divison, He's a decent grappler at European level that's it, Our own Ian Garry will go the same way step up & look like he's no business at the top end of the division ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Paddy fight was a robbery.

He has lots a lot of his supporters so quickly this week with all of his antics. I dont know why the crowd gave him such a good reception, maybe they just wanted the buzz of making noise for the walkout (which was impressive to be fair).

I've gone from being a fan to waiting for him to get humbled.

Feel bad for Darren Till, hard to see where he goes next. Thought his stint in Thailand and training with Khamzat would have yielded big improvements.

Till has just never been that good, he has one good win against Gastelum who himself has lost 4 of his last 5,

He robbed Wonder boy he did not win that fight,

Then who has he beat ? Maybe Cerrone who is a LW ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Yeah Till is unlikely to be able to cut to WW anymore (I recall him going temporarily blind during one 170 weight cut) and he's possibly just not good enough to be anything but a journeyman at 185lb. Even though he lost He looked decent was versus Robert Whitaker. He's just not consistent enough though. No idea what he does next but given his record he could well be cut and judging by his post-fight comments he knows that himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a big step up from CW to the UFC, I never felt he would make any mark on the division. His mouth will make him money and Dana's pet but that was absolute robbery the other night.

Till is about 1 fight away from been cut. The guy isn't good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Till is a bit of a name so he will be ok. I think he needs to take a step back and maybe fight some cans and take it from their.

Paddy long term will be a bust, credit where its due for making a name for himself, but there is only so long he can get away with fighting cans.

The McGregor comparison can stop also, Conor before he went off the rails was genuinely elite and had a class CV,,,,Paddy once he fights someone in the top 20 will lose.

Topuria is class .

I think the UFC & Paddy would be best served if he fights a top 7 guys next ,

If he wins great if he loses which he probably will no big deal & it won't hurt him that much,

I think he needs to be in there with a real top guys to understand where he lies & how much he needs to improve, It may also give him the kick in the hole to stop bloating between fights & really knuckle down ,

He will probably never be good enough but at least give yourself a proper go at it ,

Advertisement