Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring a chauffeur in the city?

Options
  • 13-12-2022 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I'm in the early stages of starting a tour operator business aimed at the upper-end of the US inbound tourist market.

I'll need some form of transport. Hiring a professional chauffeur is too expensive but hiring a taxi is too down-heel. I don't want to invest in my own vehicle and I'd prefer not to hire one.

What are the implications regarding contracting my own chauffeur ie. some retired gentleman with a luxury car looking for a bit of well-paid work to keep them busy?

Is this a bad or a good idea? Does anyone know of such a person? The idea is simply at the consideration phase atm.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fluffingtonbaby

If you are in Dublin i can look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fesilghanimdalsharari

I'm thinking about my business too... thanks for the post, a useful experience for me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Think they would have to have at least a Hackney license. I'm not saying it'd be impossible, but you'd be doing well to find someone knowledge, courteous, and licensed, able to work part time.

Advertisement