Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine, D18, thinking to buy a house

Options
  • 13-12-2022 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

We are thinking to buy a 3 bed in Belarmine. We like the area being close to the Luas, Fernhill, seems nice, quiet and family oriented.

I just have a few questions hope you can help me with:

1. Most of the estate was built I believe during the Celtic Tiger, any construction issues in the area?

2. The house has a wooden frame, would that be an argument against buying?

3. Anybody heard of any instances of pyrite found in the area?

4. Heard about the fire safety issues in the Parkview, any other instances in the area?

5. The houses are on the slope, the roads go up and down, any considerations for the construction of houses if built not on an even ground?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cdev

I don't live in Belarmine but am familiar with the area.

The slopes in the estate are problematic during cold icy weather like we're currently experiencing.

Belarmine residents frequently resort to parking cars on the main Enniskerry road because the estate roads are hilly and not always gritted.

I always feel sorry for them when I see people trekking into the estate with small kids in the freezing cold.

Advertisement