Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation/Extension of Farm House Cork - Local Housing Need

Options
  • 13-12-2022 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

New to Boards.ie.

I am currently looking at a renovation project in Cork. The area is A3 Zoned so a new green field build is not an option as I am not local originally, I am however working locally. First time buy / build also I do not have a house already. The house in question has been derelict probably 50 years, it is not a protected building or historically significant. I will need to submit a planning application for whatever I intend to do and having spoken to the county council they advised a pre planning consultation to determine if I can achieve planning. However the CoCo advised it can take up to 8 weeks to have a pre planning decision and to be fair to the estate agent, their client will not wait that long so I would be buying this project blind in the hope I could renovate. Buying the site would hinge on the level of renovations the Co Co would allow.

Has anyone here had any experience of renovating / rebuilding / extending an old house in familiar circumstances being a "non local housing need" person or has anyone experience dealing with the Planning Department on same?

Thanks to all.

Advertisement