Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Log Proof of Job Seeking on MyWelfare.ie?

• 13-12-2022 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

After being made redundant, I am on Jobseekers Benefit. I recently had a telephone conversation with my case office who told me that I must log proof of job seeking on mywelfare.ie. I'm happy to do it, but I cannot find where I should be doing this on the website. It's probably staring me right in the face, but I cannot see it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You should see a section , progession plan displayed under your claim. You'll also have received a notification detailing your personal progression plan etc. Links are there. It better to log in on a laptop to see everything. In essence you say what you have been doing, any contacts made with employers , interviews etc .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Did you ever find this OP? because I cannot find it either. There is definitely no link that tells you this is where to go to log your jobseeking efforts, the site is mainly used for applying for things. Every link is a vague line and then click to 'find out more.' my laptop is broke at the moment and I haven't the cash for a new one so can only use the phone.

I also had my 2nd activation meeting via phone call where the officer (different one to my first meeting) told me about this and seemed annoyed when I said it was never mentioned in the first meeting (it definitely wasn't).

The only mention of logging on to anything was to create a jobsireland profile with your experience and education level etc. which we were advised to do at the group meeting before 1 to 1 activation meeting #1. When I showed up to that first one to one the officer started asking me about my experience and education ( well, he goes so, what have you been doing?) He had no idea about this profile I spent an hour doing and said he had no access to it. Very bizarre. Like a Kafka novel dealing with these guys.

Tbh they have tried to turn these Intreo boys into Jobpath and I was shocked to find that the Intreo officers are even worse to deal with. Awful communication, and their attitudes very unprofessional and dismissive. Applying for jobs these days is tedious enough, endless forms, quizzes, attach CVs, etc. I could easily forward on the emails you get to say you have applied instead of being told to log on and find something on a website with a hundred links none of which are labeled with 'log your jobseeking efforts'.

Intreo are not up to much IMO, just want to get you off the live register shove you into some poxy scheme to make their numbers look good. I have been paying taxes working full time a good while. I paid in to the system and I don't intend to just take anything to suit them - their wages come from my tax, too and the dole doesn't come out of their pocket though these boys tend to act like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Your progression plan, once you've had an activation meeting is added to your profile on the mywelfare portal, also check notifications as a link might be in them to update jobseeking efforts

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You can't tar everyone in the department with the same brush. Those I know work hard at advising people on what's available to them.

Try scheduling meetings with 10 people a day every day and 60% don't turn up for the 2nd, third and 4th time. It's soul destroying. They were obviously too busy to get out of bed or more than likely were working on the black market. They only show up when their money is cut.

By the way, DSP staff pay taxes too and also have the responsibility of managing the public purse in a responsible manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

What you need to do DayDream is tell the INTREO staff (most of whom are not too far up the basic public service increment pay scale) who have to deal with all KINDS of utter morons all day long (not you of course) that YOUR taxes pay THEIR wages and that YOU know YOUR rights and they’re here to serve you and not the other way round….that always works with these “boys”.

edited to add:

who is paying their wages now that your not paying any tax? Is it not a fact that THEIR taxes are paying for YOUR dole?!? Wow! Shocker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"My activities

Update your Employment Services Officer on the steps you have taken to implement your Personal Progression Plan and achieve your goals. You can also view a record of all the actions you have taken along your journey.

Provide update"

So I had my meeting last Monday and I have to update my account with my job searching activities.

Is this like a diary?

Should I do it weekly or every now and then. Does it record a time and date when you update it?

I haven't clicked on "Provide update" yet because I need to do some searching etc. before I have anything to say.

Advertisement