Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

taxing a newly bought used car

Options
  • 14-12-2022 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

i recently bought a 191 car. just today i received the registration certificate

when i go to motortax.ie and enter the information and the last 6 digits from the number on the certificate, it says it cant

Details Incorrect (please see below)

Your vehicle cannot currently be taxed online.

Licensing Status Details

Your vehicle cannot currently be taxed online.

According to our records, the tax class of this vehicle has changed since your reminder notice was issued. In order to tax this vehicle, you will need to submit Form RF100A at your local Motor Tax Office.

when i click the link to retrieve the pin and enter the information and eircode, it comes up with:

PIN Retrieval Unsuccessful

We do not have an Eircode associated to this vehicle on the National Vehicle and Driver File. Please try again by entering your address details instead of ticking the Eircode option.

when i enter my address instead of eircode, it says:

PIN Retrieval Unsuccessful

This vehicle is not eligible for online taxing. Please contact your local motor tax office.

whats going on? am i too quick to tax it? should i wait a bit? or contact the dealership to sort it out?

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement