Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is Elon Musk hurting Tesla? (Mod Note Post #1)

1232425262729»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I actually agree. Tesla got a lot of stick for the cybertruck and how it won’t meet EU regs etc, but IMO, that’s an American market product. Not designed for euro.

Post edited by Gumbo at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,609 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

if this is true Musk is an even bigger scumbag than previously believed…

https://x.com/gerashchenko_en/status/1824818908500816224?s=46

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,620 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well there were a few that someone tried to smuggle into Russia, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few made it

Also wouldn't be surprised if a one was offered to King Kadyrov, lord of Chechnya as tribute

Not sure I'm ready to believe Musk was aware or facilitated it. I mean he can't be that stupid surely?

We only have the word of the TikTok warrior in chief, who probably isn't the most reliable narrator

I believe several Starlink terminals were obtained by the Russians and there were some question marks about whether Elon gave them to them. However I think he got mostly absolved

Hopefully it gets sent to the front in Kursk, we'll get to see how it fares against a HIMARS strike 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,609 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

there were 2 Cybertruck seized in Lithuania a few months ago trying to be brought over the border into Belarus… I believe it’s a common access route for getting sanctioned goods into Russia, though the Lithuanians are cracking down on it… the Cybertrucks were only on Lithuanian plates for a matter of hours before they tried to get them out of the country…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,620 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Wherever there's a trade barrier there'll always be enterprising souls willing to bypass them for money

I suppose to the likes of Kadyrov it'd be a status symbol to have the contacts and resources to be able to flout the law so blatantly

Regarding the Elon connection, I have a theory. I believe that strictly speaking you couldn't legally buy a Cybertruck in Russia because you can't make a transaction in dollars

It's kind of bizarre but in Putin's Russia you have to maintain some veneer of legality despite the blatant law breaking within his regime

So technically the only legal way you could get a Cybertruck in Russia is if you were gifted one

Anyway, it's just a theory and I'm sure Kadyrov wouldn't pass up an opportunity to stir up from sh!t

I also wouldn't be surprised if Elon responds soon with a "looks cool" to the CT with the gun on top without checking the poster 🤦🏻‍♂️

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd doubt Elon is involved at all, as much of an absolute bell end he is. I'd imagine he only has fairly tertiary knowledge of who kadrov even is.

Advertisement