Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir email service provision @eircom.net

Options
  • 14-12-2022 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

anyone have a solution to my problem . eir have blocked me out of my email due to a spurious claim that they cannot access my bank account to collect their monthly

payment of 9.99euros . I have not been at anytime time charged for this for the past 4 months and cannot get through to any section to sort their problem out.

The "manage Acoount" function is not working and 1901 sends you in circles to nowhere .. Have written to them at headquarters Dublin but no reaction

I remember a couple of years back when they introduced paying for email service , they let slip that the were "migrating" from email provision as not many users of their system so maybe they have cancelled the account without agreement.

Under the Acts setting up Eircom Ltd. they were compelled to provide ALL services including email.

anyone suffering same as i have this email account since 2003

thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Did you get it sorted? I expect you have good reasons for keeping that address, like I did (despite some rather patronising opinions out there), until the payment was introduced just when I'd had to cut down on subs.

I wondered if you were sure the holdup wasn't at the bank? (E.g. some action or other needed due to a security concern/upping their authentication)?

It doesn't look as if eir have been suddenly cancelling paid eircom.net accounts (at least, there's no mention of that in recent topics, e.g. on their email deletion blunder).

I wouldn't rely on those statutory obligations without checking with a trusted source. Either they've changed since Eircom Ltd was set up, or they've never been stated clearly. Once, when our sub-dialup quality landline made my new desktop & laptop unusable, I went all the way up their time-consuming formal complaint procedure, only to be told at the last moment before the Comreg stage that they had no obligation to provide internet access - only voice call capability. Not once had I suspected that, and I do read small print. (Even that must have been ambiguous at best). It didn't look as if the people fielding complaints had been informed, either.

Post edited by Fogmatic on

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

How to delete a double post?

Edit; the back button helped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll point you to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

Advertisement