Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous ash die back trees near public roadway

Options
  • 14-12-2022 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been asked by the council to fell a number of trees in my woodland which are near the roadway. It can only be done with the use of a machine as the trees are in a valley and I would need to enter the woodland with a machine to safely remove and clear the area. I would not be replanting in this area to avoid future problems being so close to the road. My question is if I have my tree surgeon ready to fell must I get some sort of permission to fell the ash trees because of the disease or am I ok to go ahead as the trees are dangerous? I will also be looking for written permission to enter the woods with a machine. Has anybody experience here ? Further down the line once my property has been made safe to the road way I will be looking to apply to the scheme of clearing and replanting deeper into the woods but for now the safty of the roadway is my priority and what I want to address asap

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement