Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-cooked and glazed Christmas Ham

Options
  • 14-12-2022 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to leverage someone with experience of buying a precooked ham for Christmas. The latest i can collect it is the 23rd. How best to store this and then reheat on Christmas day?

Appreciate any advice,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’d read the instructions on the pack on whether to serve heated or cold. Store it in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just serve it cold. Slice and leave it on a plate for an hour so it isn't "fridge cold".

I will never, for the life of me, understand why people cook the ham on Christmas day and serve it hot.

1. Aren't there enough elements of the Christmas dinner to coordinate to get to the table hot, at the same time?

2. It carves better and is nicer cold!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

As above, slice it and leave it out for a while before serving so it gets to room temperature.

The gravy will help heat it up some more on plates.

I think it was Nigella who said so long as your gravy is hot, you don't need to stress about ensuring everything else is hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

I cook the ham on the 23rd, for the Christmas day stuff I slice and put it in a single layer on a tray covered with clingfilm, those tinfoil trays are ideal, I shove it in the oven and it heats sufficiently in minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

Excellent @phormium That's exactly the type of info i was after. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Tinfoil tinfoil! not clingfilm for the oven 😁

Advertisement