Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a windscreen repair count as a claim if your Insurer does not list it?

Options
  • 15-12-2022 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

As the title says,

If your Insurer does not list a windscreen repair in the NCB document, pursuant to it's Policy T&Cs, does it count as a claim with a duty to disclose when seeking quotes from other Insurers at renewal time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

When entering number of claims on online quotes some insurers specify that this includes windscreen claims and others don't. Varies by insurer

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BornSkippy

Thanks, Bennyx.

When talking to Brokers I disclosed it.

But I got some funny responses, like people saying I need to get another NCB document from my Insurer that lists it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is no longer a 'duty to disclose', you are obliged to provide truthful answers to any questions asked of you. That's all.

If your own insurance company doesn't list a windsceeen repair or replacement as a 'claim', I can see no reason why you should declare it as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BornSkippy

Thanks Coylemj.

I wasn't aware of this change.

Is there anywhere I can read more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is there anywhere I can read more on this?

See the first post in this thread I created in August 2021. Click the bold headline or 'View Post' to jump to the thread, click the down arrow to expand the first post within this window...

• Advertisement
Advertisement