Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on this spec please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

It's gone so I hope you were one of the lucky ones who got it and weren't waiting for a reply!

It was an insane deal at €579 (for those eligible to take it up) as the graphics card alone would usually cost you €700+ and you would be spending double the price to build any kind of machine to reasonably put up against it.

It wasn't a perfect machine as the 5700G + 6800XT combo doesn't make much sense and the 3200 ram was a little slow but at the price those were non issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Yep I got it. Just curious if it was as crazy as it seemed.

Any upgrades that anyone could recommend that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's an insane price and bargain of the century for anyone that got it. The card alone is worth more than that.

It's a good machine in general. 5700G and 6800XT is a perfectly good combo, at 1080P high-refresh the 5700G might be a limitating factor but at 1440p or 4k it would be perfectly solid.

The 5700G performs slightly better than a 3700X, but it's a good way behind a 5800X and slightly behind a 5600X.

Under normal circumstances that machine would cost around €1,200 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It was going for circa €1,500 the previous week. And even at that price, it was the cheapest we could find for that spec in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

i'm lucky. I was second guessing myself as to why it was so cheap. But I couldn't work it out. Like it's cheaper than it's parts value from what I could understand. It was confusing me as I'm technical but not up to date on specific hardware. But from brief searching it just didn't make sense. Just an end of year clear-out I guess. It was the only thing on the site that had a 70% discount so perhaps they just wanted to have one really good deal on there for something that was nearly out of stock to drive traffic. Anyway lucky on this occasion. It's shipped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement