Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TBESS Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme

Options
  • 15-12-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭

This scheme was launched last week and reading through some of the documentation it’s quite a lot to decipher.

one thing I can’t figure out is if a business has 2 or more mprns how is this handled. I’m not talking about separate businesses or anything, originally 2 premises but wall was knocked through to make it one shop with 2 electric supplies. Also has another building for the office of same business

anyone applied for this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

When you sign up you appear to be able to add multiple accounts/mprns etc and attach them to the same trade or business.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Giving this a go again

when I get to the point where they ask for percentage use of electricity/gas for the trade it fails

i want to stick 100% in but have tried 0,1,99 & 100. It doesn’t allow a percentage symbol

it flags an error every time

I’ve tried for a couple of different companies and for gas and electricity. Same error all the time

any get through to anyone on phone…. Am probably ringing the wrong number so if anyone can help please

I have done this and it accepted 100 - no % symbol, just the round number. Is the error message specifying that this is the problem field?

Edit: the claims are easier than the registration at least!

Yes tried with no % symbol and it seems to be flagging that cell alright. I

ill try again over next few days

Glad to hear the claims are easier

there is some reading involved!

any tips? I don’t even know if we qualify haha

• Advertisement

Yeah, the claim system calculates everything, you just need to enter the invoice number, bill dates covered, usage in kwhrs and total ex vat cost for any bills related to the reference if claim periods.

Hopefully you get passed whatever issue you are having.

Most people, unless they were on very strange tariffs, are seeing cost increases sufficient to merit eligibility as far as I can see.

Thanks ari

so just register, stuck bill information and and will be told yes or no!

maybe not as complicated at the 200 pages of documents I have printed out to go through

Yeah, their system does all the calculations so it'll tell you straight away how much you are getting when you submit claims. It is able to account for pro-rataing bills that don't run in line with the calendar month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TALtal

Folks, does anyone have experience in claiming for a second property under TBESS where first property has reached maximum of 10k per month,how is it possible to claim for second property....it appears that registering a second trade is required?

My situation is a second property as Sales office in a different city....can the limit of 10k be increased to 20k for this...any thoughts?

i think thats fine

you will have a different mprn

• Advertisement

anyone know about claiming for a company who is not vat registered? can you claim gross amount? VAT exempt industry, so all bills are paid and no VAT ever charged to customers nor claimed back

Advertisement