Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good price

Options
  • 16-12-2022 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Our 14 year old son has just built his first pc..

This is the PC that Santa got him two years ago. We have it for sale on donedeal. This group helped me so much when I was trying to figure it alll!

https://www.donedeal.ie/pc-for-sale/gaming-pc/32895621

Is it a fair price? Should we add in more detail to the ad.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Comments

I think its overpriced, while you are getting the whole package including screen. Most of the components listed are budget parts and a few years old now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I would also include the motherboard and PSU in the list of specs. Anyone who buys this would probably be looking to replace some of it, so it would give a sense of what would need replacing (the motherboard should still be compatible with Ryzen 5000s at least)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have to agree with the above; this is an example system that's prebuilt on caseking.de as example:

• Intel Core i3-12100F
    • Mainboard B660-Chipsatz
    • Radeon RX 6500 XT
    • 16 GB DDR4-RAM
    • 1-TB-NVMe-SSD

680 EUR and it beats your system in every way basically; a 60hz monitor can be picked up for 50 EUR. I guess it depends on how quick you need to sell it but even 800 EUR is well above what I'd pay compared to the above example (PC parts is like a car; they fall off in value quickly these days so don't take what you paid at the height of the PC part crisis as a baseline to compare against).

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

Thanks a million for your help. It has been a fantastic gaming pc and hasn't given a day's bother.. We will reduce the price and see how we go.. Thanks again

Post edited by annetted on

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

Post edited by annetted on

• Advertisement
Advertisement