Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding abroad best country?

Options
  • 16-12-2022 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Looking for suggestions for wedding in Europe.

Really want to have a small wedding abroad (max 50 people) with a beach ceremony but struggling to even pick a country.

Originally wanted to get married in Greece but I read that the reception party will be shut down very early (not ideal for us Irish people who celebrate until the early hours!)

Spain I read that you have to use a public beach and then you have the risk of people in their speedos in the background of your photos 😂

We went to a lovely wedding in Italy but got eaten alive by mosquitoes 🙈

People have mentioned Portugal but I haven't travelled there myself yet so looking for more information.

Just looking for advice on which country would suit for a private small beach wedding ceremony and a reception venue within walking distance. Food-wise would like to lean on the traditional food of the area rather than usual Irish wedding food. As I said we'd like to have a late party, until 1am anyway. And ideally would like somewhere which is no longer than a 3hr flight from Dublin. Am I asking too much?😅

Hoping to be able to get your suggestions based on your own personal experiences of weddings abroad.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ooh, I'm not aware of anywhere where you could definitely have access to a totally private area of a beach. Friends of ours got married in Greece and there are gawkers in the background of their wedding pictures. You'd probably need to be renting a villa or similar with a private beach to guarantee privacy, because even a hotel with a private beach won't prohibit other guests from using the area during a wedding.

Maybe somewhere like Croatia or Malta?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,719 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nerja is a good spot been to a couple there

Was at one fantastic one in the City of Trogir in Croatia

Advertisement