Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil heater not getting kerosene in to bleed

Options
  • 17-12-2022 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

Ran out of oil at some point and the furnace needs bleeding. All steps done, but when i hit the reset button no oil flows through, now the pipes from the tank go underground about 50metres so is it just badly airlocked or is it a bigger problem

Post edited by kirazmith on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Difficult to say without a suction pump to make sure oil is being delivered to the burner pump.

Maybe time to call your regular service person.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭cletus

I've had similar issues, andy tank wouldn't be 50m from the boiler. I had to do the reset procedure a number of times before the line was fully bled.

This anecdote is not a substitution for a qualified service person

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭grange mac

Get a small rubber hose.. Blow into pipe till you hear bubbles in tank... That will clear pipe then few seconds later oil should flow as blockage will be pushed back into makn tank.

Advertisement