Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi e-tron GT

• 18-12-2022 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

Any owners on here? Pros/cons etc? Have looked at a good few reviews but would like some local owners views. Looking to place an order for one in a few months.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭joe1303l

General consensus on here will be find a few more bob and buy the Porsche version.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lovely car.

But as above for the cost price your at Taycan range. I know I’d rather a Taycan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Audi Limerick have had a red 2022 registered GT as a demo for the past few months. It only has 6,000Kms on it. They might be open to an offer on it if it’s of any interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

They are really nice cars, look great and drive very well......having said that...buy the Porsche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Thanks. Looking to put a good few options on it so will not be looking at the Porsche. I cannot believe the price differential between it and the RS version for just BHP?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The RS will be better specced than standard model so its not just power you're paying for. Although power does make up a fair chunk of the price differential

True. There are options that are “standard” on the RS version that are optional on the standard GT. Still through the price difference between the two is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

I've one coming this month. After 14 months waiting on a BMW i4, I gave up and ordered an Etron GT back in October. Like others said the general consensus would be to buy the Taycan, In my case would of cost only 2-3 grand more for equivalent spec 4S, but I would of have to wait another 6-9 months for that and after waiting so long already I wasn't willing. I also prefer the look of the Etron, especially the exterior, which is subjective of course but I don't doubt the Porsche badge would make a lot of people choose the Taycan. I also like that the GT is more rare on the roads.

Better choice than the i4 imo. Post some pictures when it arrives please.

Etron is a very good looking car, very good stance on the road you would spot it a mile off. I reiterate the request for many photos when you get it and some ametuer review please.

• Advertisement

Yeah pics of course please. Best looking car on the road in my opinion, only (tiny) downside is its close relationship with the Porsche which will always appear in reviews and discussions. Doubt it'll matter a bit when you're taking delivery of it.

Anyone on here have one experience the heater problem that appears to be a big problem with no parts available at the moment? This is as per the GT owners forum in the UK on Facebook.

I've been reading about the heater issues too, it also affects the Taycan. I collected my GT over 5 weeks ago now and no issues at all so far. I have read that the issues have been resolved in cars produced after November or so, so hopefully that's true I won't have any issue !

Have you had issues ?

Haven’t got the car yet! Toying with the idea of it or the Taycan. How are you enjoying it so far? What spec/options did you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Enjoying it so far, I only ruled out the Taycan because of the wait really, the price difference after speccing them similarly was less than 3K, the GT ended up costing 130K after ~22K worth of extras, The Taycan would have been only a little more but the difference was a 2 month wait vs about a 9 month wait and being able to get January delivery on the GT. The cars have such low spec as standard they need so much added just to be the standard you'd expect in a car like them. I do like the rarity of the GT. I seem to see Taycans all the time but rarely a GT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yeah, me. I live in the UK and had my GT since September 2021. Heater failed in December with 11,000 miles on the clock, and had replacement fitted last Thursday/Friday. Several cars at my (small) dealer awaiting heaters too, some a month or two longer than me, though I drove mine without heat for the 2 months. Know several people with Taycans off the road due to the same problem, some only a few months old.

New heater is supposed to correct the design flaw in the original and would presumably be fitted to cars going down the production line in the last few weeks.

Torn between this and the forthcoming Volvo EX90 🤷‍♂️

Very different cars! do you want a sports coupe or a SUV ? If it's space you want get the SUV.Also the Volvo will have more range, the GT needs to be driven very conservatively to get anywhere near the claimed range.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Looks lovely, have fun with it

Very nice. Random question- how is it with speed ramps and the ramps on multi storey car parks? Is it very low to the ground?

Yeah It's quite low but I haven't had any issues yet, I tend to take it handy over ramps etc with that in mind. I find the (air) suspension is quite good and absorbs bumps and ramps well. In Economy mode it lowers the car further but I tend to only use that when on motorways or the likes.

Have a juice booster for sale if anyone is interested, ideal for any road trips, acts as a granny charger also, but goes to 22kw on 3 phase.

https://www.adverts.ie/other/juice-booster-2-master-traveler-set-22kw-portable-electric-car-charger/29666097?notification=c6da9f75956152972eab337548e17755-1679319670

Anyone have experience of DC EV? They have 2 nice GTs for sale, one is an RS version. They’ve started dropping the prices. I think both are from the UK given the packages?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/e-tron-gt/fpa/202302164324445

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No direct experience with buying from them but they run a few reviews and always interact with comments.

Seems to have focused on EV’s which is good.

Go check them out.

Parked beside an etron GTat a charger yesterday, 221 G registration plate. Nobody in it so had a look around it. All 4 alloys completely kerbed and in bits, plus a few dings on the passenger wing and passenger door plus scrapes on drivers door where it looked like door was opened against a wall repeatedly. Very distressing to see somebody treat their lovely car like that after paying north of 100k

Advertisement