Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing pistol grip

Options
  • 19-12-2022 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at upgrading the pistol grip on my .223. The one I'm looking at is in the UK.

My question is ... if I were to do things to the absolute letter of the law, do I need to do the whole DOJ import license thing? I've read about "only applicable to pressure bearing parts" (bolts, receivers, barrels) etc etc. But it's all just a bit vague.

I'm pretty sure, I can order and just have it shipped, but just thought I'd ask as this stuff changes on an almost hourly basis .... and depending who you talk to.

Thanks in advance,

alanmc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Import away...

Your license is your import cert for a Non-EU country, and from an EU country, it's not required as that is a non-vital part.IOW you could just as easily stick it on an airsoft as a real gun. Bigger question is...Will the Brits send it without going paranoid about sending it to the Republic?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lefthooker

If a UK retailer won’t shop outside the UK, AddressPal is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Address pal (the AnPost version?) won’t handle gun parts of any type inc. non licensed parts. and if the declaration (which they insist upon) says anything that is recognisable as a gun accessories or part then they will return to sender (in my experience). Plus you will be gaurenteed to be caught for import duty and more importantly handling fees (for the duty - ON TOP of anPosts address pal charge). Happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BSA International

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I purchased an AR grip from a UK store in August, I couldn’t locate the exact grip anywhere else in the EU. They wouldn’t post outside the UK so I used my AddressPal account and it arrived with me a few days later.

Fees and charges are just occupational hazards now. Whenever I’ve purchased parts and the retailer posts directly to me I’ve had to pay duty/tax more often than not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement