Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static IP Provider

Options
  • 19-12-2022 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a ISP who can provide a static IP? I signed up to Vodafone recently and it’s been a complete nightmare with their service and I’m still within my 14 cooling off period.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Vodafone do offer a static IP but charge an extra monthly fee for it. Other ISPs may insist on you signing up for a business account but I'm sure others here might know better. 😊

Click on Broadband Recurring

Option is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Oonagh123

Thanks for your reply. That would be great if my account page would load correctly.

My account page is blank

You have more than one account I suspect? Mobile & Broadband?

Scroll down to the bottom and click Account, then Switch Accounts

Alternatively, 1907 or just click Chat on your screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We offer a static IP with all our broadband plans at no extra charge

• Advertisement

I have a work number with them also, but I’ve selected my account for the broadband and it’s still blank.

I’ve click on chat and that only an option for mobile support. I’ve been onto 1907 and they can’t seem to assist me.

I had to ring 3 times to get them to activate my broadband when it was installed. The final guy who I got was able to assist and asked me to confirm there and then if the light was on steady.

I’ve been onto them a few times also regarding my static IP and they have told me it was take 3-5 days? Surely this is a simple request.

I also signed up on Black Friday to the free tapo offer (smart plug and bulb) and they seem to know nothing about this offer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

An alternate solution I use is to just update my DNS records on cloudflare with a cronjob.

Here's a simple bash script I wrote years ago for that purpose that still works.

https://gist.github.com/ciarancoffey/4da58b699d054574f4c18f56cb2222b7

Just run it from cron every few hours.

That's because you charge stupid money for your plans in the first place. Vodafone FTTH 500GB is €35 for 12 months, yours is €50 - granted it's a 6 month contract, but that only benefits students or renters who move often (who does that these days?)

Price isn’t competitive compared to other ISPs, thanks for getting back to me.

Advertisement