Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festive 500 2022

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Home and hosed after tonight's commute - 501kms (and a day to spare). Agree with nilhg - it was a tough few days weather wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

BBLLYeeuch. Worst day of the lot today! Just bad timing. Club spin that caught all the rain and 4 punctures in the first 15 mins. Got absolutely saturated. But no choice only plough on. Ended up on my own with 70 more km required. By then the rain had stopped, never to return and it was a grand day. Small comfort as I was wet through anyway but pedalled away, 502km when I got home and then a good hour washing bikes. That's enough now for one year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

A measly 67kn for me in two outings, but I did have covid and was isolating until the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

I managed 504km... had to ride in the dark for half an hour on the last day to get over the line.

Then I got the flu and undid all of the good work. Can't remember being so sick previously. It floored me for a few days. Coming around very slowly since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

I managed 120 km over 2 days then got a dose, chest infection, cough, fever and still not back on bike yet . 😫 out of action since St Stephen's Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Managed 92k between 27th and 30th. One local spin and the adventure X. It was a huge improvement on the previous week, I'd put my back out.. and had only been out for a few spins around the block during the cold snap, so despite not getting out much over Christmas, to finish on a positive trend was great, and the legs didnt feel too bad either. Lesson learned there is that the little spins I did manage seemed to prevent the form deteriorating much.

Advertisement