Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Hey eh, thanks for the heads up Breezy. I am glad you are keeping such an astute examination of Yellowheads subtle intransigence. Do you think she is being genuinely recalcitrant, or maybe she just has a little bit more game than the rest of us?

For me I think obstinance is a nice quality in a person, it gives them a contented feeling of being in control of whatever crap they feel they need to be in control of. I usually give that subtlety a pass, I know deep down that they are generally naive on whatever the concept is, it makes for a nice post coital conversation. Nothing beats pillow talk after a nice ride, don't you think?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Why do you feel this man is probably too good for you? That's a very negative view to have of yourself. Feeling like you are less than another while at the same time being willing to sleep with them seems like you aren't treating yourself with respect.

By all means have fun and enjoy yourself. I never bought in to the whole malarkey of women shouldn't have one night stands or whatever. Just do so with your self worth engaged.

Agree :) my comments here are light hearted in nature - I don’t think any man (or woman for that matter) is better than me in reality :) Except maybe those who donate kidneys and the like 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Is that also a joke because believing you are better than everyone else is the other extreme 😁 Although you did say those who donate kidneys are, so that's something 😆

• Advertisement

Don’t mind me, just a slight touch of sociopathy, nothing to be overly concerned about….😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It's like reading the architect's monologue from The Matrix. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Not as vulgar as "I want to get in your knickers" but yeah, I would write unique messages each time commenting on their profile and adding that I'm looking for casual fun and although I've had a few successes with that, most of the time they go unanswered.

I'm not goodlooking which is why it doesn't work for me. Goodlooking people live different lives.

I was in a small weightlifting group with 5 or 6 other lads. These lads were all well built and goodlooking. The whatsapp group turned into a lads chat really. They'd be sharing their sexcapades and it was an eye opener. I remember one of them posted this tinder profile of this gorgeous girl, cute as hell, smart girl with sweet profile. The first meeting? She came directly to his place and they had sex on the couch.

As someone who's like 4/10, without ever knowing this, you'd think this happening would have 0 chance. But women love having sex as much as men and act the same with men they find attractive. Another lad was invited to a threesome. Another lad had sex in the toilets of a nightclub with no protection in the club I would have frequented.

The goodlooking men get women just as easy as the goodlooking women get men.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes us good looking men get all the action. I'm sorry you were not blessed as good looking like me.

I don’t think it can be denied that good looks are a massive advantage.

However, I do feel some people hide behind that excuse. There are plenty of guys who are not conventionally good looking and a girl might not notice in anyway walking past on the street - but they have charm by the bucketload. I have a friend who is short and not ugly but not ‘good looking’ per se (I hate saying that because it’s subjective) and when I met him he was dating 6 different women at the same time. He’s just incredibly charming and says all the right things, as well well as being very gentlemanly and kind.

So I get that it’s way easier when you are good looking as a man to get sex (all a woman has to do is to be female) but it’s entirely possible if your personality is confident, funny and nice.

The other thing you mentioned was that those good looking rugby lads were getting good looking women. Could it be that you are too interested in looks yourself, and not willing to date a woman you consider a 4 or whatever?

• Advertisement

• I love outdoors but I’m hopeless at hiking on rough ground, with eye muscle issues causing me to stumble and fall. I like being outdoors, in the water, on board boats, even did a first ever parachute jump on Stephens Day. But trying to negotiate hills, steps, especially downhill, is a nightmare. When you declare yourself as an outdoors type it’s expected hiking will be part of it!

I don’t really get why people match and then don’t chat. I never do that - if I match with somebody it’s because I want to chat.

I suspect these ladies aren’t being very choosy and going for loads and then whittling it down based on whoever else they matched with. Who knows.

For online dating if you are not seriously attractive you haven't a hope. For men that is much more pertinent. Most women are actually using the sites for casual sex, have you seen the dick picking that goes on?

If you are a strikingly attractive male you will always pull women wherever you go, enjoy. If you aren't you are left to hang in there and see what lies after the storm is over. I know some seriously hot chicks who use POF just for casual meet ups. It happens a lot. They even have steady Eddie partners, good looking girls always have a few on the go. Even their steadies get bored of them after a while, looks can only get you so far in life? Like they can get you in the bedroom the first night you meet some other sex addict, but that could be it. In fact for sex addicts it is as much about finding a different new experience as it is caring about who you are phucking with, as long as they are not pig ugly.

Males who are not in the top 10-20 percentile in the looks department are completely wasting their time trying to pull online. Far better chances trying your luck with night club drunks who have had too much wine and their inhibitions are gone. Just be careful her boyfriend is not around, getting a few slaps after snogging some drunk tramp can be really annoying, or dangerous.

Good for you Yellowhead, I am happy you are being well served, by someone who has environmental empathy and is happy to follow the rest of the crowd, docile and with no purpose, over the next precipice they are led to, by their masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think another side of it is men trying to get with women they realistically haven't a hope in hell of getting a date let alone a shag off.

If a man is short that rules out any woman over 5ft7 and if he is tallish but not very good looking it rules out most women on a dating site.

Personality counts for nothing for either sex when someone is swiping left on a profile.

How tall are you breezy?

Or am I over-reaching?

You are fairly close to the mark there Gailaimh. There are some minor exceptions.

Surprisingly ugly blokes can score with good looking dolls if they follow some basic guidelines. First off they have to be taller than them, vital.... Next off they need to be physically fit, a large penis will help, but as long as it is not a shrimp you are still in with a shout, unless the bird you are chasing is not that bothered with sex? Here lies the conundrum, it is remarkable how totally bland and vacuos some of these instagram babes can turn out to be. I have noted this for years. Alot of these model look babe types turn out to be total planks in the sack, they are too used to getting nailed in seconds by all the good looking big dicks back in school and college? It is possible that some of them have grown to dislike been underphucked by crass whankers all their lives. In such instances something different always has a chance. Your only issue here is the obvious lurking rock stars, even unsuccessful long haired unshaven ones. They tend to be more edgy and know a few lines of poetry.

To any attractive, docile, underphucked ,bland, wannabe model types, these rocker grungy types can appear like Lord Byron. The panties drop in minutes.

My best advice to you if you are having this issue is to try and find a different approach. Get some long soled shoes for starters, every inch is going to count.

Luckily there are also small chicks knocking around also, some crackers too. Just check your eye level. But seriously don't bother with women who are taller then you, they simply find it creepy. It is not your fault. Women are always gonna phuck the most powerful guy in the room, it is a natural selection thing.

Your final option us to get rich, like really rich. Money equates to power in the 3rd millenium, those 10 day ski trips, beach holidays, cocktail dresses and leather handbags all cost spondoolies. Women like generous men, if they find one they will put him under consideration for sure. It is not just about the material crap, they will also consider you a keeper. Money means a nice house and a good school for their lair when they start spitting out babies, women love security and having no financial worries, who doesn't?

It is little wonder that you will find the small guys in powerful jobs or owning a large business, gangsters too. They eventually copped on why they weren't getting laid and took appropriate action and fair play to each and every one of them. It is nice to see small dudes getting some satisfaction, we all need some?

But you need to start forgetting about those tall South American Beach Volley types, unless you wanna pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I agree with this as I am an average height, very good looking and really rich male. I get chauffeured around in my limo while looking for women. I tell the driver pull over at that bus stop I just seen a hot chick. He pulls up with my window directly beside her and let down the window and my piece falls out(diamond encrusted chain). I don't even have to ask I just say jump in and in she hops into my custom limo that doesn't hold many people as it is a shagging machine I have a big bed in there.

Anyway I don't want to get into all the details to you losers but life is good.

• Advertisement

Right, date on Wednesday. Night in Athlone booked.

Fingers crossed.

Is this a sex date? Or it because you live far away and must stay in a hotel?

Definitely the latter, possibly the former.

I'm local-ish to Edgeworthstown, but I don't drive. So I'm relying on the 466 bus. Last bus back home would get me there for 20:40. Far too early.

It going well.

She's my age, so this is unusual for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Nothing like a night in Athlone to get my engine revving.

In like flynn so you are.

Does it have to be a big night out for a first date? She’s your age - do you normally date older?

Not necessarily, this is just the way I've chosen to do it.

And yes, considerably so.

Well fingers crossed it goes well for you 🤞

It feels like a lot of pressure for a first date - somebody paying for a hotel just to meet, but sure you might click who knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Advertisement

Cheers!

I mean if it goes tits up, I'll get plastered and wipe it from memory. Win win.

Advertisement