Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

You have seen some of my posts on this thread?

Anyways, serious dating stuff here.

Until Alexander the great listened to me he was known as Alexander "meh".

I can edumacate you with my godly wisdom as well. I'm a giver and to prove it...I'll give you a free lesson for the low low price of a thousand euro. You'd be robbing me (t&c's apply).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I swear to god, sometimes I think you're totally off your tits.😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Well now at least for the meet up there shall be no big change in personality after a few drinks ….😅

.-

Post edited by PoisonIvyBelle on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Don't get your hopes up or look into it too much. I don't see much there apart from asking a friend for a drink. Was he saying it in passing or did he actually mean it?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

MGTOW is the reason- real decent guys are done with females, not just marriage but relationships and the constant traps of cheating, money scamming etc, men ARE going their own way and NOOOO WAYYYY will we waste our talent, possessions money and kids on female money junkies.... decent guys are done with this nonsense, but hey Chad n tyrone? The bad boys you gals rolled around with? They will be there.... Good job feminists you fukked it up for women :)

I'm a bit annoyed with all this looks crap. If you're not at least 8/10 what's the point, no hope...

This woe is me is tiring. Yeah we've all had bad experiences, been rejected, but life goes on.

The amount of times I've heard quitting od for a few months and then it'll have loads of matches(I do expect this is software especially if you paid before) and so enthusiastic, then return to normal selves and quit

Don't get me wrong, breaks are good...but...are your expectations a wee bit high on a profile and a couple of messages?

Few questions, for you on this thread:

Did you expect any different this time around, especially these sites are gagging for your money?

And if you expected any different, what did you change about yourself? I don't necessarily mean physically. Far from it.

I don't mean this to sound harsh, of course I don't.

Ps- I've got harsher messages from ye very recently, so suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

When it comes to online dating, You'll have to be thick skinned and people do inflate their own egos, some no interest but just want followers for a social media(Never follow and swipe left) Even if you're a decent looking guy there's always going to be someone better no matter how good looking you think are.

Even online dating would make people begin to question themselves overtime even though it might not have anything to do with themselves and is all in their heads. Online dating makes it easier to connect with people and get dates but the downside is that's it's like shopping, There's always someone better or so they think. People can become addicted to the rush of "Being liked" or how many "Matches" they have.

I do fine online, Lots of matches and dates, even more if i messaged but overtime you'd get burned out going over the same thing again and again. I find actually going out in person is even better. Someone who might ignore you online might be more receptive in person. You will need to take breaks but try not to be going into that self doubt stuff. People are greedy and when it comes to online are spoiled for choice.

• Advertisement

Agreed with nearly everything thing you say, especially thick skinned, question yourself and window shopping for an ego boost, but mostly the meeting in person.

I get that and I'm guilty of it in the past and if a photo didn't do it for me with a crap profile, nope...but! If I went up to the bar and was going to order a pint, got chatting to somebody. Potentially a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

You've been watching far too many red pill youtube videos.

Nope bro , been watching and listening to real experience guys who got badly burned by lipstick money junkies :) that's why decent genuine guys are avoiding these fem atm types.... look at original poster complaints... she DOESN'T get it .. cheers

Na he meant it, there were other comments recently like about how we didn't need OD to get chatting. He's definitely testing the waters, I just wasn't sure I wanted to jump. But I might have a little dip😁

You need to learn what a feminist is because it's not what you think it is.

I don't care, the problem is fems not getting dates, I outlined why, after that am not concerned about why or how, am just curious to a small degree..... being happy alone is a great blessing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Exactly, People might turn down a person on an online profile but when you're out and about it's a different story. So i wouldn't take these things to heart when it comes to online as the guy might feel above. They have more choice online so if you're rejected, don't take it to heart and remember that some of those online are only looking for ego boosts,followers and others are fake accounts.

Yeah that's a pretty big hint lol even though you've been chatting awhile. Go for it in that case.

Thank you!

I'm so saying "lipstick money junkies" to my wife. Brilliant. And I thought I had an imagination.

Anyways don't worry. Fems do be femming bro.

Invest in cat litter and box wine I would suggest

• Advertisement

Was advice for original poster, not you bro ha

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

Have you managed to find a few people out of 7 billion who conform to your worldview? Fair play. I'm sure you've amassed a truly colossal sample size.

Divorce laws in Ireland are nothing like those in America, which is clearly the origin of the red pill content you are overdosing on. It's actually extremely cringeworthy to be spouting that stuff because whatever perspective those people would have had in the US (which is still nonsense), is completely null and void here.

Women are attending college at higher rates than men, are typically better educated now too. You acting like women are just waiting to take all mens money is not reflective of modern society but more specifically Irish society.

Give the Red Pill a break for a few weeks, "bro".

We were never single at the same time before, but the whole chatting thing escalated over the past few months that we've both been single, I just sort of didn't register it until this week. Or maybe I did and I'm just chickenshit. I do think at this point I could give it a push but I don't want to be the person to give it a push, I'm also cautious about fu-cking up the current situation which is nice TBH, we get on well from a distance. He's a good bit older than me and it's nice to have someone who feels "adultier" to chat to. 😅 But it's also kind of a weird dynamic because he was initially a fan/customer of some work I do when we first connected and I think he has a certain view of me now that IMO is a bit rose-tinted (creative ind, not OF before someone says it🤣). I've had that happen before with guys, not because of that work thing but just in general, and I really don't like it because it sets really high and unrealistic expectations.

I'll see how the vibes go over the next week. Oh and the other ones I was talking to are out, I unmatched the one I wasn't sure about and no.5 sort of just withered on the chat, didn't reply since last night and didn't really get past pleasantries anyway which bores me fast.

How are you getting on yourself with the dating? Any interactions going?

I doubt the OP who's only contribution was starting the thread and hasn't been seen in months is going to see it.

I need a storytime recap from the OP TBH. She could be married by now!

Well said, I congratulate you on such cheaply bought nobility, now go away and be happy in your anger... my Italian sagrantino is running a little low byeee 😀

So. there's this little thing called the "Quote" button...

Never heard of it and don't care :)

• Advertisement

How old is he? Yellow will give you a few tips 😅

I'm too busy atm and haven't bothered creating a proper profile yet xD

Advertisement