Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭YellowLead

She might have frozen her eggs, making it fine. Otherwise it’s risky, alright by the time she’s meet somebody and enough time had passed she’d be 45. But I know people who have done it, some just needed some ivf help. And each to their own. Probably best to have a kid solo at that stage rather than waiting for a man I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭YellowLead

See lots of those - but it’s good because it’s a nice warning not to swipe on that person! Negativity is horrible - drama queens (male or female) are a no thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I would say I find way more than 80% of women unattractive too though, would everyone else not be the same? Most people are bet down let's face it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Greyfox

The vast majority of men can't afford to be that choosy.

• Ah yeah, it’s only really when the person seeking love or legover is the actual bride/bridegroom in the picture 😂

• Advertisement

• I always ensure my profile reflects the warm funny adventurous side of me, and it doesn’t challenge others to meet with dictated standards, if there’s basic decency, not too much unresolved baggage, and a spark, that’s enough. Plenty of updated pics, I have a policy of never having a pic more than 15 months old, and main picture is always within previous 6 months. I state that I have a stoma, and therefor guys are self-selecting and I’ve not had an issue with any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

No I'd think you'd have to be fairly fussy to find over 80% of them unattractive, although it depends on the app. I probably swipe right on 95% of the profiles on Bumble. Maybe the algorithm is just giving me the Instagram models, but there seems to be no shortage of attractive women on it. I'd say Hinge is about 50/50, not as many attractive women but I get a lot more matches on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ManyMondays

I deleted the apps, Ive been on so many dates with men I clicked with, they seemed really interested and insisted they wanted to see me again then poof they ghosted! or they'll text sporadically on instagram or whatever and arrange a date but when the day arrives to meet up they go radio silent, I can no longer deal with men in their 30's and their silly mixed messages and not knowing what they want.

Most of the men I know who are in relationships are with women that are like their mothers and do everything for them while they go off like little teenagers with their mates down the pub and chatting up other women hoping that *mammy* at home wont find out. Allot of men end up with women much older than them because they literally want a mammy figure to rub their tummy's and wash their jocks!

Its much easier for men to get a date than it is for women, its still a bit of a stigma for women to ask a man out, allot of men dont respond well to being asked out as they often times assume the woman is looking for sex and they let their mind run away with itself and start thinking the girl is a desperate sl*t (because allot of men still view women that way) or they think theyre gods gift & treat her terribly, it generally never ends well for the woman so women dont ask men out that often. A man making any effort is a rarity so if a man asks you out on a proper date, it seperates him from all the other men that just want a pen pal or who are half assed so generally, the men who ask women out on dates get allot of dates, unless the man has something obviously unappealing about him but even then, he's likely to get atleast some dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

They’re all shite. You’re better off dressing well and hitting Coppers or some pick-up joint. This fad of online dating will be passé soon .

• Advertisement

It's easier for women to get dates, this is widely accepted as a fact. For women it's finding a spark with someone that wants more than the leg over that's the challenge. The most common outcome of dates is still had a nice chat but no spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

I'd rather stand in the snow in my underwear than go to Coppers again. Online dating will never go away, it's tedious, shallow and time consuming but it's the only guarenteed way to get a few dates in a month

use bumble, it's a conveyor belt of vadge wanting to be asked out

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How Judith intends to survive on €70 worth of petrol in a month is a greater mystery 😄

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

To thine own self be true

I think its interesting that men and women both feel that the other gender has an easier time of it and is getting more dates or has an easier time approaching the other gender. Men can be awful when approached by women and vice versa but women will have it ingrained in them to put their personal safety first and allot of men dont get this, I cant count how many very likely genuinely decent guys have offered to drive us somewhere on a first date, drive me home, pick me up from my house, go for a walk in an isolated woods or go to their house on a first date. It's such a red flag and not even because I think they will do anything, but theres just such a lack of awareness from the man perspective as to why that suggestion for a first date with a strange woman might be off putting for her. So I don't think approaching women is wrong at all but its how you approach women and being able to read a room or a situation and knowing when it might not be appropriate and when it could be appropriate. Like on a night out and you see a group of women, in most cases its totally acceptable to go up and introduce yourself. On public transport for example, it might not be an appropriate setting to approach someone and spark up conversation, because it's not a social setting and the person may want to just be left alone. It's all about context.

Some women might feel dehumanised about being reduced their vagina and referred to as 'Vadge'. Having some compassion, empathy and just basic human decency for other people are all good traits to have that women tend to admire and will be less likely to turn you down or feel nervous around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I don't need advice mate I've no problems getting women

• Advertisement

Its not advice, im just explaining to you about basic social skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Oh! How much? Any decent two for ones offers going?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Maybe the reason she went cold was you hit her with the shovel you had brought on your forest walk.

Its much easier for men to get a date than it is for women,

This is a perfect example of confirmation bias. What you are doing there is focusing on the small subset of men from the general population which you do want to "get jiggy" with. And what you are saying is that all they'd need to do is ask you out and they'd be in there.

I have no sympathy for that whole incel shite but you do see stats quoted from the likes of tinder where they say things like there is a 2% chance of an average male profile getting selection by any given woman, whereas the opposite way around it 50% or something. And that basically all the women are chasing after the same 10% of men blah blah. (I don't know the exact percentages)

Things do get much easier for fellas in their 30's. The power balance does begin to shift. I reckon that many of those that disagree are probably already tied down by then.

Everyone will be different and neither gender is of a hive mind. I can only speak for myself but I could have 100's of matches and conversations on a dating app but the majority of them will be ruled out for any number of genuine reasons like its obvious theyre only on the app for sex, which is fine but just not for me, some are lovely but sadly I wont feel I can connect with them intellectually, some will be extremely arrogant and off putting, some will text 20 times before youve had a chance to reply, another red flag, some will live too far away or have multiple children (another dealbreaker for me) and lots wont reply when I text them or the conversation will fizzle out.

When it comes down to it, only 2 or 3 of those conversations make it to beyond a few days and a couple of times a year I might actually meet someone for a date, in which case they act interested then ghost but will stalk my social media or continuously match with me on different apps but never engage in conversation.

The last man I went on a date with insisted we meet up again, wanted to meet the following the day, when I texted back and matched his enthusiasm he lost interest and ghosted, no explanation. This has happened so many times now that im starting to fear dates. So it's not all rosy on the other side.

Im sorry to hear that woman didn't like your car but that could be the reason why she is single, tbf she doesnt sound like a very good gold digger if she's on tinder asking men to go for walks in the woods. Id imagine a gold digger would be socialsing in high end places where rich people can spend their money but what do I know 🤷‍♀️

And she didn't think your car was up to the job?

She was obviously into the oul' dogging.

That's a bit harsh. Just because he has a crap car. He might actually be a decent fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Maybe she just didn't find him attractive in the flesh and the poor car got the blame?!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work the forest

Advertisement