Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

No better outlook than from the opposite sex, much appreciated.

Let us know if you get anything out of it! 😊👍

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Best of luck for the weekend ahead folks 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

She's still young and might not have kids for another 10 years, if she does at all. I don't think she is too concerned about a hypothetical situation in the future.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I dunno why it has to be such an ordeal.

I'm probably simple, but chuck up a few decent photos, write like who you are and grand.

I much preferred a good written profile, when I say good I mean I get a smidgen of knowledge of their personality than a load of posed photos.

If you meet up and doesn't work, fine. Generally you know you probably have a bit of a good chat.

Did get rejected after a lady asked for a meetup. Problem was it was the November internationals and she didn't like rugby. We won by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I remember I met up with this one about ten years ago and we went back to my place. All she was doing was smoking me hash and telling me about her ex man. I told her I'm not interested and if your not giving it up get out. I do not know what your here for, you're just wasting my time, do you know what there's the door can you close it behind you.

Jaysus (/r/Tinder)

Went grand, I always made it clear I'm looking for drama free. In our first few messages I told her I would not date someone in a situation where the ex was or could cause unnecessary issues. I pointed that out to her, she accepted she was wrong and that she essentially lied.

Then later after a bottle of wine she called me every negative name under the sun available 🤣🤣🤣 I use a burner phone number until I'm 100% sure the person is going to be a long term partner so it no issue there.

I'm still a little WTF ..... Seriously who keeps in contact with an abusive ex who is getting charged for assaulting one of your children.... That's just weird and wrong.

I've been dating online on and off for nearly 8 years and actually got a couple of nice relationships and friendships from it. I've always been honest about my intentions even when looking for FWB, people always appreciated the honesty. I wish everyone would do the same but such is life.

While I always look for the positive in people I'm no mug I'm prepared to call out and cut BS out.

I'm taking a weekend off from dating. I do have an intro date lined up for next week, we've chatted offline and she seems nice. I did make sure there is no ex involved this time 🤣🤣.

I'm staying positive and hopefully won't be online to much longer. I seem to be doing okay in terms of matching and chatting with people this time around. Weirdly a lot of younger much women seem interested this time around and very keen to meet. I should have let the silver out years ago, 😂😂😂 but honestly looking for someone my age.

I've said it before and I'll say it again we should do a boards singles night meet up 😂😂 I think it'd be a laugh

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

Update: I'm joining a nunnery.

I shall be making no further comments on the car crash date that was a literal interpretation of a car crash.

Cue: existential dread intro

What is life.

/end scene.

**** Happens. Keep the head up. You'll get what you deserve 🙂

She messaged me after a bottle of wine 😂 I didn't hang around.

I fairness she didn't stab me in the back, just wasn't honest. Probably under some sort of control.

You seem to be hurting mate, nothing wrong with that. Seems a few of the regular posters here are hurting tonight. Forget about blue Monday it's blue Friday/Saturday

Beers next weekend guys ??? Let's be miserable together 🤣🤣🤣😂

He gave me a whole lot of intense info in the first half hour that apparently made other dates leave (which I understand completely) and left me feeling like I couldn’t leave then because he said that. Way to mental post here, I’d actually be concerned for myself if he saw it.

I’m annoyed at myself tbh.

Don't be annoyed at yourself. You where just looking for a nice romantic storyline.

Hell I've done it myself.

Chin up 🙂

EDITED my reply to remove info as he could be identified by it.

Let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Such a shame about car crash date but at least not too much time was wasted, and hopefully that is your dodgy date experience out of the way for a while - we all have one now and then!

There is one tiny issue with my date. Issue is too strong a word really, it’s not like I’m going to stop seeing him over it. But he does snore very loudly and consistently. I guess I should try ear plugs? I’ve never used them before, don’t like the idea of sticking things in my ears, and I wonder do they work.

But if we ever moved in together it would deffo be separate bedrooms lol

• Advertisement

I think a meet up would be fun. It can be tricky posting detail here because you don’t want to be identified. I did go to a meet up at some point when covid restrictions eased, think it was in 2021. Just 4 of us in the end and it was nice. There was nothing romantic happening with anyone, but we all had a good chat.

Nosiness on my part. Has he got much in the way of weight on his neck? I've lost 3 stone since October and I don't snore anymore.

If its consistent weight and smoking are biggest causes of snoring. There's plenty of snoring aids around these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

She did still come over but had just gotten scared before because of something stupid. Went well though and she was fine after a few drinks.

Post edited by Jequ0n on

No smoking. And not much in terms of weight, I mean he isn’t exactly skinny but I wouldn’t call him overweight. Perhaps if things progress I can make a suggestion about a snoring aid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Greyfox

"You probably have a bit of a good chat"

I find I made peace with OD once I accepted that the first date should be just treated like a little chat with no expectations. I find getting the first date is all about asking interesting questions like travel etc and for your next question you should try to base it off her answer to try to get a flow going.

The majority of first dates don't lead to a 2nd date, it's just the way it is for almost everybody. For a woman the spark is hard to find. In the past when I really liked the girl I made the mistake of thinking if I had of said or done something different the outcome would be different but the truth is we we're just not the correct match.

I found if you treat a first date like your trying to get into a relationship OD will become a pain in the hole very quickly. Once I started treating the first date like a chat I had a lot more fun and my success rate improved as I was my true self on dates rather than trying to be the person I think my date was looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Very strange that he started off with the guilt trip tactic instead of reeling you in first. He probably goes for saviour types who respond to sob stories.

Good that you know that you want/ don’t want and walked away.

How to ruin a potential relationship

Step one: Be honest about your shortcomings.

Step two: Wait.

Step three: Back to Tinder.

Step four: Repeat.

I concur with this advice. Taking it too seriously puts pressure on both people and neither will enjoy. Hopefully if you have had a bit of a chat before meeting you will at least have a nice conversation with somebody new, so it’s not a bad experience even if it’s not a good match.

• Advertisement

Haha well we did wait until the 5th date to have sex which I don’t think is rushing things :) Have shared a bed (for sleeping) only twice.

Lots of good tips there thanks :)

I didn’t mention it but he did the first time we shared a bed - he said to just kick him if he snores. But I don’t like the idea of waking him up just so I can sleep. But if things progress more I will so he can try a few things :) He was married for years before so there must have been some kind of solution, unless she snored too :)

Advertisement