Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Unfortunately no drama my end. Netflix n Chill though for date 4 last night. Met the dog and everything. Seal of approval was given 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

You deserve no drama!
    Going out is fun but I love the stage where you can just relax in each others houses…

Honestly it's the nicest feeling when you're comfortable with someone else being in your home. I cooked as well - Full service date!!

Full service ay 😉😉😉😀

But yes it is☺️☺️☺️ I’m very pleased for you. Pretty cool we both got finally got something good started :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭pgj2015

someone on pof said hello, she asked me what I was looking for, so I said someone to go to gigs and holidays with, then see what happens. she says "so you are looking for a pen pal?" 🙄🤣🤣 how is what I said anything to do with a penpal, then she got all bitchy with me after grilling me about why im single and what im looking for so I blocked her. Im not putting up with that. this was all in the space of about half an hour of her first saying hello.

she described herself as "easy going" on her profile. 😂

Some folks have a very strange approach. It's like they're shopping for a washing machine or a fridge freezer. Checking all the specifications and making sure it's suitable for all their needs and what kind of warranty it has. Forgetting there's an actual person on the receiving end of their "enquiries"

Your response was the correct one. Block and move on. There's loads of people who genuinely just want to connect with someone and "see what happens" - best not to dwell on the messers.

Was she childless and approaching mid to late 30s by any chance? I knew a few people who acted like that, approaching it like a work project because time was running out.
    Course that might not have been the reason - she might have had lots of bad experiences (and if you use the apps you’ll have your share of those) and not been mature enough to process it and come out the other side unscathed.

I laughted at the exposing your wrists one, because there is apparently a trend of women rubbing their natural scent of you know what I mean, on their wrists to attract men - vabbing it called. And no I’ve never tried it.
    https://evoke.ie/2024/04/14/wellness/body-language-tips-flirting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

That was like the one i was talking to, She was blonde and she said she drove trucks. Hi i said ''Your a Blonde Mutha Trucker so LOL'' All i got was abuse back, they have no sense of humor some of them.

''Big mutha Fu***r'' everyone has hear of that sure havent they, i just altered it for the joke to see if i could get a laugh.Jokes are good ice breakers sometimes

• Advertisement

I haven’t heard of that before, but I think the joke was decent even if somebody hasn’t. The rest of your message would need to contain some nice friendly normal language though, cursing can be a bit off putting right off the bat. I wouldn’t be giving somebody abuse though I’d just see how the rest of their chat was.

Just when you think you've heard it all...🤦‍♀️

No, she had kids according to her profile but it said she was undecided about having more. she asked me why I was single so long, I said I was too busy, then she asked me again for some reason but I blocked her then. Also she didnt seem to have any sense oh humor, that puts me off, some people are way too serious on the apps, like lighten up for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

"Your a Blonde Mutha Trucker so LOL, is it rigid or artic trucks you drive ? "" That was it what I said then asking questions about her profile description then.

"willing to lie about how we met" why do so many women write that on their profile? do they not now half the people on pof write the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Was just talking about this event yesterday with a few friends. I'm heading to this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

I've been on a few dates over the past 2 weeks.

One girl I said I'd see again as it was an okay first date, she said she'd love to do something the following weekend (this weekend basically), I said yeah we'll make a plan, enjoy x event that she was at. Would have gone on another date if she reached out but wasn't so into her that I felt the need to reach out myself with other stuff going on. She didn't so that's that.

One girl I saw for a 2nd date and we were supposed to have a 3rd today, but she cancelled (which I don't like, really not a fan of people cancelling dates the day of, it's quite important to me that someone can actually follow through on what they say). Not sure how I feel about her in general, both dates were good and she seems to have her head screwed on right from the little time I've spent with her, seems quite normal and down to earth. But as of yet I'm not overly excited when she messages, nor was I too bothered (other than the general annoyance with day-of-cancellers) that she cancelled on me today. She's cute but I wouldn't go any further in terms of a description of my attraction right now. Was going to see how I felt after todays one and make a call on it but that's gone now so not sure.

Third girl I was quite attracted to on our date, went well and wanted to see her again. She was on hols the next day with family (is still there for another two days) and said she would message me when she gets back. I did see when I went into her profile yesterday that she updated her profile with a new pic from the holiday. Not sure if I'll hear from her again or not, given it'll have been a week anyway since we spoke. Always annoying when the date falls just before hols and I feel if she was interested she would have been open to one or two messages while she was away, but I'll find out over the next few days.

One girl who looks like a near supermodel in her pics has followed me off the apps but I'm not sure why as she's still low effort with comms and I'll be surprised if I actually end up meeting her.

A couple of chats on the apps which could go somewhere but I'd say my match to date ratio is shockingly low this time round so not expecting much.

It's rough out there 😂.

I’ve never seen that. But that is a massive red flag for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

If lads were making that a red flag they'd have nobody to talk to.

I'd say at LEAST 1/4 of profiles on hinge that I come across have some variation of 'a story about how we met' as a prompt.

it is on a huge percentage of female profiles. I think it is unoriginal but why red flag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Keep the head up! You're obviously catching their eye to start with, given you've no issue matching - the right one will turn up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

T

It's silly. Like I'd understand it 10 years ago when OD was in its infancy (and people were saying it then) but now it's just pointless - it's not anything to be ashamed of.

Because if somebody is embarrassed about meeting somebody online they are weak/ a tool basically - so if somebody is saying they are willing to go along with some wimp who cares about what other people think (or their idea of what other people think) then I’d find them lame. But each to their own and if it’s on a quarter of female profiles then I guess other people don’t care. We all have our own personal icks:)

At least you are going on plenty of dates - given it can be tough for guys to get volume, at least you don’t have that issue. Though quantity is not quality, as I well know.
    There’s no formula to it, no strategy, you just have to keep at it and don’t settle because you’re just wasting time when you do. I was dating pretty much continuously for four years and only now how I found something completely free of doubts or problems.
    Good people are hard to find. Most people settle for fear of loneliness or boredom, some aren’t intelligent enough to know the difference. But if you want a quality match once you hit your thirties, given Irelands small population - it’s going to be hard. But it’s very doable, just hang in there.

id say they dont even think about what it means, they are just boring people who have zero originality and that is why id avoid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mitchell Ortiz

Maybe try other ways to date and don't use dating apps. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭aero2k

I LOL'd at the suggestion of a rage room for a first date😀.

I have a look at this thread every so often, and I'm loving the positive vibes, particularly from PoisonIvyBelle, YellowLead and Pwindedd. It's great when cynicism isn't allowed free reign.

@YellowLead, although I don't have a great sense of smell, I do feel my olfactory education is now complete🤣.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭aero2k

It's a great venue if you're ever down south, though last time I was in there I think my presence caused the average attendee age to double😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

just an update on the " are we dating the same guy dublin " facebook page , 2 irish guys have commited suicide in Dublin over these groups , 1 know 1 of them guys through some other people and his life was persecuted by 1 particular wench who had been reported numerous times and nothing done about it , i fecking knew this would happen to somebody was only a matter of time , RIP Liam

remember ladies 2 sides to everything and very easy to make up a fake whatsapp chat depicting shite , so well done

2 lives gone over this tripe

• Advertisement

I don’t think anyone here needs to be convinced. But perhaps I’m wrong, and there could be lurkers.

Advertisement