Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I look up people, and I don’t see any harm in it and I would assume others are doing the same. I have a very limited social media presence which doesn’t really reveal much about myself apart from the things I want to be seen. I use alternative accounts for the stuff I don’t to be visible to others, but then I would again expect others to be doing the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm just back from a brilliant date. I'm self employed so finished up at 12 today and met her at 12.30, she lives about 20 mins away from me. She is 18 and we just matched on Tinder and I was chatting to her last night and said we will meet up today. She is gorgeous petite beautiful hair and slim body. I picked her up at her house and cruised around for a while before I brought her to the bog. I have a spot that is great and secluded. I had a tarp and blanket in the car and put them on the ground and well you know how things go with these sexed up 18 year olds. We had a great time she even agreed. I'm not sure if I will meet up with her again though as I like to spread my wings so to speak.

I put up new pictures of myself two days ago on Tinder and I have been inundated with matches and I went through them all and picked her to be the best looking out of them all plus her age geared me towards her also. I'm back going through the matches atm wondering who I will pick next.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cafflingwunts

^ drug dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I joined POF again for my sins, this time I put Northern Ireland as my address just to see other women and I like women from the North. These women would be in their 30's. One thing I have noticed is 99% of Northern Ireland women in their 30's seem to have at least 1 kid. disappointing as id prefer someone with none and who doesn't want any. There seems to be way more women in the South who don't have kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

@[Deleted User] Congrats on the weight loss. I've done something similar recently too, close on 3 stone too. I was always a slim guy but for one reason or another (I won't go into) I kinda let myself go. I'm currently the slimmest/fittest I've been since my mid 20's and still losing weight and getting toned.

I never really been short on confidence but at the same time could never take accolades or praise. I've always been super self critical and still am but I'm very happy at how I am now. You should be proud of yourself.

In other news I've had a good week in terms of dates. I'd a video call/chat yesterday and it went really well, meeting her on Saturday for coffee and we'll see how the get on in person. Then this morning I was messaged and asked out on another date for next week by a different lady who I was previously chatting with. She had work commitments preventing her from meeting when we first chatted. I left the ball in her court to arrange whenever she was available, pleasantly surprised she got back to me.

I don't normally date more than one person at a time so feel a bit strange doing it. But I'm hedging my bets now after the last experience. Besides they are only coffee dates , still it's nice to get out.

Oh my god, this must be a thing! I set mine to the North a while back for a gander cause I've been looking at buying a house in Belfast, and SO many of the fellas had kid/s. Way more than I encounter here. I don't mind it as such, I'm personally not bothered either way about kids myself, but there were a few who didn't even have it in their bio also and just mentioned it in the chat like it wasn't even a thing. One fella told me he'd be more surprised women 25+ not having kids.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭pgj2015

😂 its the same with most of them having catholic on their profile whereas most profiles in the south say non religious.

Oh the craic I've had navigating areas that aren't flagged up to the max.😅

• Advertisement

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Can't remember to be honest. Not a big ass man anyway. Face...and boobage for me. Which isn't to say I can't appreciate a good arse mind you. It's just not top of the list for me.

This is great! I agree that date no.2 definitely sounds like it should be the priority, but there's no harm initially in testing the waters with both if you can handle it. Do you usually do video calls? I am so awkward on those, even for work I avoid them where possible. I only ever did them when I had the long distance thing going on, I'd never do them now - although no-one has asked me either.

Also well done on the weight. I did think the beard pic was the best one and honestly I wouldn't worry too much about the weight either, a lot of women prefer a bit of weight on a guy compared to being very slim, myself included (although don't know many that would turn down a fit fella either!). I think men think we care a lot more about that stuff than we do. Like I'd have some preferences in terms of them being a bit bigger than me size wise, but one of my exes was 20 stone (very tall etc. but not super fit at all) and the other was a heavy lifting 6 pack dude, and I was equally attracted to both. Attraction is about a lot more than some abs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Regarding weight. I have none myself but I was ripped at 18 but I'm on speed now and in the best shape of my life. Energy wise. I think it's the speed but I'm not sure. I'm afraid to get off the stuff as I see things so much more clearly on it and the energy boost you get too is amazing.

deleted. cause what's the point.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Theoretically, yeah I could.

I tend not to being entirely upfront with things going on in my life because realistically, who wants to hear that? It's like the beginning of the 5th Harry Potter movie when the Dementors swoop in, it goes all cold and rainy.

Depression and manic episdoes will not be coming up in conversation. Learned that one the hard way. As far as she will be aware, I have a clean bill of mental health. I occasionally twitch though. May be hard to cover up(?) I suppose. I'll be honest, I haven't put any thought into what I'll say about myself. Letting women talk 90% of the time has yet to yield any really bad results.

I prefer to message once getting home. If the meet goes tits up, it puts her in a less awkward position than face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

I’m 38 so no spring chicken. Only chatting over a week but the conversation flows and I find it hard to chat usually I’m like how do I respond you know?

Ok I def need to get snooping. He’s not overly complimentary thankfully. Now he did throw in a figure comment but I shut that down quickly and he was grand. I dunno it’s just strange. Gonna keep chatting and see how it goes anyway

I think the MH stuff is something you can gradually ease into if you keep seeing each other. It doesn't have to be a big bombshell, just make some references to it now and then and she'll get the picture. It's far better than just laying it all out at once (I used to do that myself years ago when I was in a much worse way just cause it took away the anxiety of wondering if it would **** it up later, but it's really not the best way to do it).

Your MH stuff isn't your identity. There's a lot more to you :)

Can't wait to hear how this goes for you! 😊

• Advertisement

Should be right up your street. I'd say you'll have to go offsite for audio.

Don't know why the search bar has "Scottish accent" in it, but sure look.

I'd be thinking she's into him tbh. I'd also see how the chat goes re: whether to ask about meeting up again. If you're getting a vibe def do it @[Deleted User] - even in a casual "we should do this again" and then leave it with her to follow up on that and suggest something if she's going with it, but if you're not sure wait until you get home and message her later and suss out what she says and see about asking then.

Thanks. I'll always appreciate your positive outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭YellowLead

The figure comment is deffo raising alarms, but sure that keep chatting, if you feel like meeting up you will be able to suss him out in person if he’s a ride only but dress it to get in there type dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

@[Deleted User] @[Deleted User] I've actually 3 dates lined up 😬🤣 One on Sunday too. That's a second date, first date was early this week. The first date was nice but not sure she was feeling it, I got the impression she might be a serial first dater. I'm expecting a sorry I can't make it on Sunday 🤣🤣. The other 2 dates where unexpected, especially the one from the lady who contacted me today who if I'm honest I do have a preference for. It's like buses sometimes they arrive in twos and threes.

All dates in different places and locations. I'm very good at remembering previous conversations from different people, it's something I've developed through my profession.

Regarding the beard , yeah I was a bit heavier then but not as heavy as I got. I gained it over a short period of time, but I lost it as quick. I'm pretty confident in general, the weight gain and the lose was a cased by what for me was a unique enough situation/experience.

The video/call was the first video/call I've done, honestly it's something I never would have considered. That said it went well too and the conversation flowed.

Think I'll hide my profile for a while... After getting a few more matches and messages 😱

@[Deleted User] Since you know what triggers your flip switch you should probably step away when this gets activated again.

There's a bit of guilt involved in it as well to be quite frank. I don't want to talk about that kind of thing.

It mightn't be the black cloud thing to all, but it certainly is to my family. Who, I see everyday. Enough of that goes on, you shut down. Only talk to the people paid to listen. Even then they can do wrong by you.

Yeah winging it, I seldom feel the need to prepare for these things conversation wise. I can talk to people (in person) about whatever, forever. And change quickly if necessary.

• Advertisement

Truth be told man, I can't be fvcked with them anymore.

Advertisement