Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I never understand those people who close accounts. I think they do it for the drama or a dramatic exit. But they will be back under a new username.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

I'm sorry your friend felt like she had to leave but no need for the personal digs so I won't comment on that. Hope you all have a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

No friend of mine. I just don't like people being picked on.

As for personal digs, maybe yours will pile on on me. I'll stick around for that.

Thought you quit? Or did you come back to get more cheap digs in.

You were supported a lot here. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Seriously guys. Get a room or just leave it. This is ridiculous.

God, I must have gotten old.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Time to ghost this thread? 🤔

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I just need a holiday buddy really, not a fcuk buddy. my "friends" are too boring and poor to go anywhere these days. Most women want more though and I have commitment issues, love my freedom, being single seems more natural than being in a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Bahahaha noo I haven’t rang I may be slightly mad like I never deny that. Will keep sussing things out right now I’m enjoying the convos I’m thinking no harm in a coffee in a public place and just hope there is no embarrassing ranting. I have been single for way too long I think. Might just get another cat will see

Sorry to disappoint, but didn't go. A poisonous cocktail of personal and family issues.

• Advertisement

What is with the profiles saying they dont want anyone who uses drugs? Do they think all drug users sleep in a cardboard box and sell themselves for their next fix? What if you do a bit of MDMA a couple of times a year at a rave or take mushrooms once in a blue moon, they are all wasters I suppose?

Id rather someone a bit more open minded.

I don't advertise it, but generally speaking I wouldn't be into drug takers. Really depends on what though. I'd nearly prefer (and went out with someone who did) someone snort lines beside me than smoke hash. The smell makes my skin crawl.

Id rather an ocassional drug user than a regular drinker to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I guess the good thing is people being up front on their profiles. Whatever they want or don’t want, others can swipe on by.

I would be wary of anyone who had drug taking listed on their profile. I wouldn’t be biased against a rare once a year thing maybe, but I feel if they list it then it’s probably frequent. And each to their own but not for me.

When they have it listed, I always assume its just weed. 😂

The majority have dont use drugs on their profile but in fairness half the Country use drugs, lets be honest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Folks - We're all in the same boat. I understand difference of opinions can occur.

Ultimately we're all human and programmed to be in the company of others. Online forums like boards are few and far between but do fill a bit of a gap when physical contact isn't always available. I appreciate the input of everyone on this thread , it'd be great if we all could continue to continue on. Agree to disagree so to speak.

Outside of being a widower I'm also the victim of a narcissistic toxic relationship which was brought into my life via online dating. That's the first time I ever admitted it, it's very hard to do so. I appreciate the whole conversation around that subject. I lost years to it.

Genuinely wish I'd had read some of things I've read on here years ago. I'd have been so much better prepared.

This thread has a place on this forum as does everyone who contributed to it. We're all learning.

Back to dating , I'd the a great date today. Not for the first time since I decided to start dating again what was planned as a coffee turned into hours and an evening together. I am of course cautious, but with my experience recently dating both negative and positive I've come to realise that I'm not the worthless person somebody had once convinced me I was. What ever happens in my future it's so much better than what was in my past.

Forever I'll be the confused but optimistic guy.... Ploughing onwards 🤪😜

I’d have no interest in anyone who takes drugs sorry if that makes me closed minded grand. Never actually think of mushrooms as drugs though. Suppose they would be ok sure you can go and pick them yourself.

Good person! Optimistic is good.

You've had some really tough stuff in the past and I'm sorry to hear that. I really am.

But you have experience now and from your post your a bit like that dime bar ad armadillo, hard on the outside, but soft on the inside.

As you get older you can become more, I didn't know the proper word for it, sceptical/hardened/ meh...but you meet the right person, then wow.

Let crap slide off you and go on.

I haven't explained properly what I'm thinking, but I think you may understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I know 100% what you mean.

Believe me I'm tip top condition in every way and everyone knows it too ☺️ Confident but not arrogant ☺️

It kind of does I think. Have you never done any?

• Advertisement

"chatting" someone new, she sends a 1 line message every 24 hours and doesn't even answer what you ask her. she would be good craic in person id say. 😌

body type says average but she only has upper body pictures.

I don’t care if it does. I’m not going to pretend to be ok with things I’m not ok with. I’m too old for that. I was a teenager once you do stupid stuff then you grow up and are pretty gratefull you survived it all unfortunately people I know did not survive it all

I’m in Kilkenny and I would make a total fool of myself doing that 😂 he seems to be into things like that though our latest chat has revealed so someting we don’t have in common. That’s good.

something different is a good idea though at least you would see more of someone’s personality and if not suited would have had fun

Mushrooms and MDMA are must tries in my opinion. I wouldn't try DMT or Ayahuasca.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yeah its the smell that would put me off more than anything. Same with cigarettes. I'd date a vaper but I'd never date a smoker.

Oh no…looks like I missed the Saturday night crystal ball reading session. Such a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Weird, few of my yesterday posts disappeared. Some of them are only visible in quotes. Someone does a cleaning without notifying the poster? Do mods do it in such a way?

Yes, they do. It’s quite frustrating because you don’t know why it was done. It could be that you had quoted a post that was subsequently deleted, so they deleted yours to get rid of the quote. Apparently you can ask for an explanation but it’s still annoying.

My mate wants me to review her online profile next weekend.

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I can't remember the decent sites. Pof is apparently crap now and I don't think she's a tinder girl. Any advice?

• Advertisement

Bumble is the main one I use. Hinge I've never had great results with. They make you upload 6 pictures too. For someone who doesn't really take pictures like that, it's a nightmare. Have to take on the spot, **** pics.

Advertisement